chapter thirty two!

Kai's Pov

I've honestly never been to many concerts, but it was crazy to think how much stuff happened behind the scenes. Throughout our whole performance in Brooklyn, the crowd was unaware of the current situation: Ricky was on thin ice, while Scooter debated on whether to fire him, Ariana and I still weren't talking, and Courtney and Victoria had just flown in a few hours ago for her.

It sucked having my mind everywhere while trying to give a good show. I felt like it was getting harder to breathe by the minute and Ariana struggled to contain her tears, but I saw one, every ten minutes or so, sliding down her cheek. The next song was from her album, so I made sure to stick around, help with backing vocals, and interact with the crowd while she performed.

When the music cued, she couldn't even get the words out as fans started to cheer. It was one of my favorites of hers too. "Some days, things just take way too much of my energy. I look up and the whole room's spinning, you take my cares away, I can so overcomplicate, people tell me to medicate,"

"Feel my blood runnin', swear the sky's fallin'. How do I know if this shit's fabricated? Time goes by and I can't control my mind, don't know what else to try, but you tell me every time."

From here, she allowed the crowd to take over. "Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and oh, I gotta keep, keep on breathin'. Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and oh, I gotta keep, keep on breathin'."

"Sometimes it's hard to find, find my way up into the clouds, tune it out, they can be so loud. You remind me of a time when things weren't so complicated, all I need is to see your face."

"Feel my blood runnin', swear the sky's fallin'. How do I know if this shit's fabricated, oh? Time goes by and I can't control my mind. Don't know what else to try, but you tell me every time,"

"Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and oh, I gotta keep, I keep on breathin'. Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and oh, I gotta keep, I keep on breathin', mmm, yeah,"

My, my air
My, my air
My, my air, my air
My, my air
My, my air
My, my air, yeah

"Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and oh, I gotta keep, I keep on breathin'. Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and oh, I gotta keep, I keep on breathin', mmm, yeah,"

"Feel my blood runnin', swear the sky's fallin', I keep on breathin'. Time goes by and I can't control my mind, I keep on breathin', mmm, yeah."

Once the show finally wrapped up and we were good to go backstage, Dua was already waiting behind the curtain, just after opening up the snow, since Madison was on leave for a few days. She had some kind of family thing going on,  Which was honestly good for me since I didn't need to deal with her on top of everything else that was going on.

Not a lot of the tour (including dancers) knew about what happened really, I mean some speculated that Ricky and I fought which was obviously not true, and others were saying that Ari was planning to get back with him. I honestly didn't care what anyone was saying, I just needed an excuse to punch Ricky in his shit for what he pulled. I regretted not doing so two days, but I was nearing close to just saying fuck it.

Considering we were leaving tomorrow morning for New York, meant most of the tour planned on going out for drinks once we made it to the hotel. Neither myself nor Dua had a drink since NOLA, so we weren't sure if we'd join since neither of us felt like babysitting. Courtney and Victoria had been begging me to, but I knew that it was secretly what Ariana wanted instead.