chapter seven (edited)

Kai's Pov

"Kai—"

I cut the girl off. "No, I said I'll see you at work. Not at my house or—"

"Courtney needed us there in the hospital with her, I'm sorry I stood you up and everything ended like that, if there's anything—"

"-No, there isn't," I said, bluntly.

"Well, then I'm not going anywhere," She smiled, pushing past me and making her way to my couch. At first, I was quite frustrated that she wouldn't leave, but at the same time, I found it cute how hard she was trying.

"I have a thing with—"

"-Hey, ready to leave?" I heard, causing me to stop my sentence. Of course, it just had to be Victoria. The feminine, light voice, caused Ari to get up to go see who it was. Maybe she thought I had a secret girlfriend or something.

"Victoria?"

"Ari?"

"What are you doing here?" They said in unison.

I interrupted the confused and awkward moment, "Ariana was just leaving,"

"No I wasn't," She said, giving me a weird look as if she was mad or jealous.

"No worries looks like we all will be going to Disney," was all Victoria said and I could tell this was gonna be awkward as fuck.

From what I got from Victoria and Ariana at the bowling alley, was that they were actually friends. I knew Victoria thought of this as a date because as we were all about to get in Victoria's car, no one knew where to sit, without it being awkward.

"Honestly, I can drive. You drove here to me, so I can make the trip," I shrugged, although I didn't really wanna drive, I didn't want to be in between Victoria or Ariana either.

"Such a gentlewoman," Victoria giggled. Ariana stayed quiet, I could tell she was jealous. But I didn't like her and she didn't like me in that way, so why would she be?

Ariana's Pov

As Kai got into the car, Victoria pulled me back a bit farther so she couldn't hear her words. "May the best win," She joked, but I knew there was some truth to what she said.

"Sounds good to me," I said expressionlessly. I was jealous, I'd admit that. But how was she just able to move on that quickly? We were supposed to go here together for a date, well, not a date but I don't even know what to call it.

To be fair, Victoria and I, both sat in the back, as Kai drove. Although I hated it when my friends texted and drove. I decided to text Kai to see if she was still mad at me.

kg🖤

me: hi
sent 1:07pm

me: wyd :)
sent 1:07pm

I eyed her for a minute, watching her check her phone with a slight smile, before placing it back down. So I texted her again.

me: - _ -
sent 1:08pm

me: those are actually kinda hard to do
sent 1:08pm

me: after this, come back to mine
sent 1:08pm

kg🖤: no.
received 1:10pm

me: :(
sent 1:11pm

me: ok let me take u on a real date and if its bad, then i'll leave u alone
sent 1:11pm