chapter fifteen (edited)

Kai's Pov

"You're so damn lucky I care about you," Victoria sighed, as I sat slumped in her car.

Mac and I spent the entire night at his, crossfaded. Victoria came to pick me up like thirty minutes ago since I called her and explained why I couldn't drive. I would've called Ari, but considering the circumstances, I didn't want to talk to her at the moment.

"I am," I said with a small smile, "You have any plans for today?"

"Nope, I was probably gonna stop by my Mom's or something."

"Well, then come to the studio with me,"

"Okay bet,"

I gotta say, studio time with Victoria was the best. She was actually really helpful, not that I didn't expect her to be, but she knew more than the producer there. After about five hours of non-stop recording, we finally left. Victoria went to see her mom and I left for my brother's.

"Wow, long time no see," Mason chuckled, as I walked through the door.

"Yeah, yeah. Where's my niece?"

"She's with Lia, she has ballet,"

"When did she start doing ballet?" I asked, following Mason to his kitchen.

"After she saw you and Ariana Grande together. She said she wants to be a dancer like you both." He smiled proudly.

"Ari wants to meet her," I said.

"Ari?" Mason smirked. "Is Bea okay with that?"

"She's a friend, Mace."

"Oh,"

"How's Lia doing?" I asked.

"She's good, modeling is going great for her."

"And somehow she ended up with a lame-ass basketball player," I chuckled.

"Lame ass? I have more rings than LeBron." My brother pointed out, rolling his eyes.

"You may have more rings than him, but I'm pretty sure he dunked on you last game,"

Mason only shook his head. "How's music going? Why do they have you with Ariana?"

"They want us to release an album together. Good publicity, I guess," I shrugged, not knowing the reason either.

"I know you and Bea aren't actually together. So there's no way you aren't hitting Ariana or any of her friends."

"Dude, what the fuck?"

"What?"

"Stop sexualizing them."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to, I'm just saying. As your brother, I know you're crushing on at least someone."

"Nope."

"If not, I have the most boring sister ever."

"Sorry, I didn't fuck a Kardashian. Aren't basketball players more of Kendall's thing?" I laughed, watching his face drop, "Stormi could be yours,"

"That was three years before I met Lia."

"Whatever,"

"Serious—"

"Hold that thought, Ari texted me," I said, unlocking my phone.

ariana🖤: can we talk? pete told me that you know about the engagement. and there's so much more to the story
received 4:53 pm

me: you don't have to explain yourself. it's not like we're dating.
sent 4:56 pm

ariana🖤: please don't do this rn. i'm picking u up
received 4:58 pm