Rubab nodded her head in approval. Then, her mother fed her with utmost care. Her father and brother started talking to her about her childhood memories. They were trying their best to make Rubab feel better.

After feeding her, Rubab's mother laid her down on the bed covering her body with a thin quilt.

" Mamma, I am scared. Don't leave me alone," Rubab requested her mother.

Her mother assured holding her hands," I am not going anywhere, sweetie. You just close your eyes."

" Take a nap, Rubi. You need to take rest," Zulfikar agreed to his mother.

The moment Zulfikar turned off the light Rubab started panicking. She cried out. The darkness had scared her enough in those 15 days of captivity.

" Turn on the lights. He will come. Turn on the lights. Please," Rubab thrashed her hands everywhere.

Immediately, Zulfikar turned on the lights. Everyone was flabbergasted by her reaction. Her terrified eyes and quivering lips made her family members more vulnerable. Rubab's mother noticed that she was drenched in sweat already.

" The lights are on, baby. Don't be afraid. Hmm. Just close your eyes," Rubab's mother laid her down on the bed again.

After a few attempts finally, Rubab got some sleep in her eyes.

While Rubab was taking a nap her family members were sitting in the living room. There was pin-drop silence in the whole room but the gloomy expression on their faces was reflecting what kind of storm was shattering them.

" We need to inform the police," Zulfikar said looking at his father.

Joheb swore tightening his hold around the armrest of a couch," I will throw acid on that bastard's ****. How dare he hurt my baby sister?"

" I will make sure he is hanged," Rubab's father said keeping his eyes on the ground.

Everyone broke their silence except Rubab's mother. She was hearing everything silently but her facial expression was reflecting her anguish. Her daughter didn't deserve such a fate.

" No," Finally she broke her silence.

Everyone looked at her confusingly. Rubab's father creased his brows at her mother.

" No one will go to the police. Whatever happened, it should remain inside our walls. I don't want any outsiders to know what happened with my daughter," Rubab's mother said. Her voice was tremulous. She tried her best to not burst into sobbing.

Selim snapped at her," What do you mean? You want us to keep quiet while that monster sleeps peacefully?"

" Today that bastard did heinous things to our sister, tomorrow he will target another girl. We can't just keep our mouths shut. It will be an injustice to Rubab. How can the pol..............." Joheb was interrupted by his mother.

" You think police and court can serve justice! Tell me Selim how many sexual harassment cases were pending when you retired? How many girls got justice?" Rubab's mother questioned Selim who had no answers. He just lowered his eyes in shame.

Rubab's mother blurted out," I don't want my daughter to be traumatized for the rest of her life. The police, court and lawyer everyone will ask her about that incident repeatedly opening the wounds in her chest. The people around us will shame her. Call her names. You know our relatives. I don't want my daughter to lose her remaining sanity because of others."

Rubab's mother started sniffling covering her mouth with the corner of her stole.

" I don't care what will others say. I want justice for my daughter. I can't let that culprit roam freely," Selim snapped at Rubab's mother.