Chapter 5

Y/N's POV

"Would you like to have lunch together?"

My eyes break away from the computer, which is projecting the real-time listening number of the new "New Jeans" song, to move to EunWoo's smiling, beaming face protruding from behind my PC.

Ever since our superior changed the positions of some employees, by also moving EunWoo to the very desk opposite mine, our friendship has become much stronger and closer than before.

In fact, we started to have lunch together all the time.

However, some of our colleagues began to be suspicious of our friendship considering it even something more, end up misunderstanding everything.

So EunWoo and I cleared things up right away avoiding any more rumors in the company corridors that could have played into our jobs, since it is strongly forbidden to romance in the workplace.

As for me, I found it very uncomfortable and at the same time strange to think of having a much more intimate relationship with EunWoo.

Yet I had to admit that he was a really attractive and nice man much more than I thought.

But still, I couldn't see him as anything more than a friend.
That is something that has to be reserved time for, rightly so.

And I think he feels the same way I do.

"Of course," I respond to his offer noting that it was already break time.

I get up putting my things in order in the desk while he does the same.

We make our way to the exit using the elevator and as soon as we are outside, the early autumn breeze caresses our faces.

"We always go to the usual, right?" He asks looking toward me as he continues walking.

I nod silently clutching myself in my little jacket.

As soon as we arrive at the small restaurant, we immediately take our seats, order and wait for our food.

Silence enveloped us as we looked out the window beside us.

But it wasn't a suffocating silence;
It was more a pleasant one instead.

It was always like that with EunWoo: when I'm with him I always get so relaxed because he has this aura of calmness and serenity.

"Did you text him?" He asks me, interrupting the silence that had developed between us.

I turn to him noticing that he is already looking at me.

"Not yet," I reply with a sigh.

He leans his back against the backrest of the chair he is sitting in and incorporates his arms to his chest, never taking his eyes off mine.

"Are you going to do it?" He asks me with a serious expression drawn on his clean and perfect face.

I look back out the window and close my eyes for a few seconds before answering him.

"No."

I return to look at EunWoo in the eyes and I notice that the stiff expression that was present in his face has been replaced by a small smile of relief.

I am about to ask him what is wrong, but a woman in her 50s serves us food and wishes us a good appetite.

As soon as my eyes rest on the delicious food before me, I immediately drop the talk from earlier, and EunWoo and I begin to eat silently.

"Do you want to go out tonight?"

I look up slightly focusing on EunWoo again and stare at him for a few seconds before answering.