Chapter 2

Y/N's POV

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

"Where do you think you're going?" the stranger asks.

When I turn around I immediately look up to face the person who just stopped me.

My eyes linger on a man wearing a long sleek black jacket and jeans of the same color, making my eyebrows wrinkle slightly.

I notice that his face is practically all covered and hidden by a white mask and a black hat that leave only his sharp black eyes to be seen.

His eyes almost remind me of a cat.

But that's not what catches my attention, it's more the fact that the man looks familiar.

I think I have seen him quite often at "JiHoon's coffee shop", my all time favorite cafe.

He often sits there for hours listening to music and scribbling something in a little notebook.

I crossed his eyes many times and each time I felt a strange chill run down my spine.

Now that I think about it I have never seen his whole face, just his eyes.

Maybe he is famous? Now that I think about it, maybe he works here as an artist?

It would be so cool.

"Excuse me sir, but I'm just in a hurry right now, is something wrong?" I ask as politely as I can, trying not to sound arrogant.

This man certainly works in HYBE if he is here, which means he might be my superior. I won't give him any reason to fire me.

Not now that I have finally started working.

He looks behind me toward the rain and sighs.

"Were you really going to run under this rain protecting yourself with that bag?" he asks me in a scolding tone.

His voice is deep and authoritative, almost as if he knows what he is doing and saying.

But right now I really have a bus to catch, so I don't have time to waste.

"Yeah, thank you very much for your concern but I really should go now," I reply hastily, turning around and putting
the bag over my head again to protect myself from the rain.

I have to leave, this man is really strange.

I am about to run again, but for the second time he grabs me by the arm and makes me turn back to him.

I am about to tell him that he really should let me go, but this time he hands me an all-black umbrella.

Realizing his kind gesture and feeling bad about how I was going to treat him, I thank him and tell him it's no use.

"Sir...thank you very much for your kindness, but-"

"Don't worry, I'm here with the car while you seem to be here on foot, I think you need it more than I do," he stops me responding this time in a kind voice.

I notice that his eyelids get slightly half-closed and the muscles at the side of his eyes are tense: he is smiling.

I can't see his smile but I have the feeling that it is welcoming and sweet.

I smile back at him and thank him so much for his kindness.

He turns around and goes back inside the building, and as soon as he disappears from my sight I open the umbrella and start running toward the bus stop.