Chapter 17

Y/N's POV

As I stepped into the small room, a wave of familiarity washed over me.
I couldn't quite place it, but it was as if I had been here before.

The small room is tucked away in a quiet corner of the house, far from prying eyes.

It's cozy and comfortable, with soft lighting that creates a warm, inviting atmosphere. The walls are painted with a soft and light shade of blue, which gives the room a calming, soothing vibe.

In the center of the room, there's a small table with a white tablecloth and a vase of fresh flowers.

The room is quiet and peaceful, with only the faint sound of birds singing outside.
It's like a safe haven, where someone can relax and feel at ease.

As I continue to look around for a few more seconds trying to absorb the details of the small room, Yoongi's voice interrupts the silence that had been created.

"Y/N, can we sit down for a moment?" He asks in a quiet voice, pointing with his hand to the chair next to the table.

With a doubtful expression, I nod and take a seat on one of the chairs.

At that moment I notice that there's a pillbox and a jug full of water on the table.
The pillbox is plain, as if not go attract attention, and on it's written in bold "Donepezil".

As I look at it, I remember Dr. Kang's diagnosis, in which he mentioned my need to take medicines for my illness.

"You know, I had this room set up and decorated just for you," Yoongi admits shyly suddenly.

"For me? Why?" I ask strangled by his statement.

He looks away for a few seconds before giving me an answer.

"I wanted a quiet and comfortable place where you could concentrate and take your medication without anyone being able to disturb you," he admits "I thought it could maybe help you even more to regain your lost memories"

I remain silent staring at him not wanting to not pour out the mixture of emotions I feel at the moment.
I feel like I've been catapulted into another world that doesn't even belong to me.

It feels like some kind of joke, but everything looks just too real to be one.
I wished it was one though.

"I know you are certainly feeling confused, disoriented and lost right now, but I just want you to know that I am always there for you in every step of the way to make sure that you always take care of yourself until you will feel better" he admits looking at his hands.

After hearing Yoongi's assurance, I can't help but feel a mix of concern and a hint of comfort.
My mind swirls with questions about why Yoongi is so invested in my well-being.

I appreciate his presence and genuine concern, but there's a lingering uneasiness about the situation.
Deep down, I can't shake off the nagging feeling that something isn't quite right. Nonetheless, I decide to trust Yoongi for now and hope that he will provide me with the answers I'm seeking for.

I look at Yoongi with a mixture of gratitude and hesitation in my eyes. I can sense his sincerity, but the situation still feels overwhelming.

I muster up a small smile and speak softly, "Thank you, Yoongi. I appreciate your concern and support. It means a lot to me." my voice quivered slightly, betraying my lingering uncertainty.

I continued, "I just... I need some time to process everything. It's a lot to take in. But I'm grateful to have someone like you looking out for me. I'll try to trust you."

My words carried a mix of vulnerability and hope.
I want to believe in Yoongi's intentions.
Deep down I can feel a glimmer of comfort in his presence and his unwavering dedication to my well-being.

Yoongi nodded understandingly, his gaze filled with empathy. "I understand, Y/N. Take all the time you need. I'll be patient and respectful of your feelings. Just know that I genuinely care about you, and I'll always be here to support you."

With those words, I felt a flicker of reassurance.
Despite my insecurities, I couldn't deny the sincerity in Yoongi's voice.

Yoongi reached the jug full of water and poured the liquid inside a glass.

Then he held it out to me, his eyes gentle and reassuring. "I understand that this may be overwhelming for you, but taking these medicines is crucial for your well-being. They will help you manage your condition and ensure that you stay healthy."

He paused for a moment, studyingy reaction, before continuing. "I know it's difficult to trust someone you feel like you've just met, but I want you to know that I have your best interests at heart since the first time that we met. These medicines are meant to help you, and as I told you, we will go through this journey together."

As I look at the glass in his hand, I feel a mix of apprehension and trust.
His words resonate in my head, and I know deep down that he wants the best for me.

Taking a deep breath, I reach out and gently took the glass of water from him. "Thank you, Yoongi," I whisper. "I'll try... for myself and for the chance of feeling better."

Yoongi nodded, a soft smile playing on his lips. "That's all I ask. Together, we'll face whatever comes our way. If you ever have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to let me know. You're not alone in this."

With a newfound sense of determination, I put the medicine tablet in my mouth and I swallow it with the help of the water, ready to take the first step towards my path to healing.

I know it won't be easy, but having Yoongi's unwavering support gives me the strength to face the challenges that lay ahead.

A/N's POV :

I know this chapter is really short, but keep yourself ready for the next one! And please be patient with the slow updates since i have important exams ahead and i have to study!

Thanks for the support and for the 2,2K reads!!!
❤️