Chapter 46

Time skip 1 year, location Norfolk Virginia

Forest Sherman alongside Saratoga, of the Forrestal class, could be seen walking on the docks. The two were amongst the first more semi-modern ship girls to be summoned, though still seemed blocked like the rest of the ship girls. So they could only be modernized to equipment made just before the 1960s.

Forest Sherman was a short girl with Yellow eyes, short light blue hair, and a flat bust. She wore white short jeans, a black sports bra and an aviator's jacket.

Saratoga was a much taller woman with long auburn hair tied up in a ponytail, she had yellow eyes, and a medium sized bust. She wore a black button up shirt, a white pencil dress that ended at about her mid thighs, and she wore black garter belts.

The two could be seen now walking over to the docks, where the majority of the ships were. Most of the ships were World War 2 ships and before, though their ships stuck out like a sore thumb.

Sherman groaned in frustration and now asked "where are we going again?"

Saratoga sighed "something washed up on Virginia Beach. The police cordoned off the area, but no one was brave enough to get it. Apparently it glows ominously whenever someone gets close to it"

"Huh? What is it?"

"They said it looked like a Wisdom Cube. But it was red"

"Eh?! A red Wisdom cube?!"

Saratoga flinched now at Sherman yelling "quiet please"

"Sorry"

Saratoga sighed now as they now came to the pier where their ships were docked. She glanced up at her ship and found it interesting. She was one of the newer ships, and as such was kinda new to the whole ship girl thing, but in sheer power she was close to one of the veteran ships.

"Come on, let's summon our riggings" she said. Now after a moment she summoned her riggings. Two massive flight decks could be seen connected to large robotic arms. Several smaller robotic arms held her anti-aircraft armament and her secondary guns.

Now Sherman smiled and she now held a rifle which resembled M1918 Browning, it seemed to be one of her 127 millimeter guns. A robotic arm attached to her left hip held up another 127 millimeter gun turret, and another robotic arm attached to her right hip had her torpedo tubes.

The two jumped off the pier and now sailed out of the port to Virginia Beach.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Time skip 1½ hours, location Virginia Beach

Now a large crowd could be seen gathered at the beach. A large area could be seen cordoned off, with metal barriers, and police officers could be seen trying to keep the crowd from doing something stupid. A large area of the beach, about 50 meters, from the metal barriers north and south, and about 25 meters from the ocean to the western metal barrier.

Near the ocean, about 3 meters onto the beach, a red Mental cube could be seen slightly buried in the sand. Only the top of the cube could be seen, and it glowed a bright red.

There were possibly hundreds of cameras from the civilians as they watched with anticipation of what would happen. Then a jet could be heard and the cameras turned to the sky as two F-8 Crusaders flew by just off the coastline. There were some cheers from the crowd as the jets flew by them.

Now Sherman and Saratoga could be seen just off the coastline. They appeared first as small dots on the water, but within just a few minutes, they were at the beach. Sherman looked in awe now at the crowd watching the two, though Forrestal didn't pay much attention as she looked at the red mental cube.