Chapter 6

Southern POV

It took a few more minutes for Xia to calm down, though she still of course seemed sad. I could understand as she had apparently lost everyone she knew of. Now I had stopped hugging her and she was sitting on her slug thingy though both Blue and I were close by, we were slowly sailing in the direction of Midway, Though now that she had calmed down we asked if it was alright to question her on what had happened and on who her old friends were.

"It is... alright" Xia simply answered.

"What did you mean by 'the Abyssals from the plains?'" I asked "We do know what Trench Abyssals are"

I could notice Xia clenching her fist in anger at the mention of the Plains Abyssals, clearly she seemed to hold a grudge, and who wouldn't if you were her? "The Abyssals from the plains are simply the other form of Abyssals, like the ones that attack us. At least what Northern Trench Abyssals like myself call them" Xia answered though she was speaking in a sad tone, though she was still clenching her fists in anger, obviously she was still sad and angry.

"So you were from the northern part of The Trench?" Blue now asked, while tilting her head slightly.

Xia nodded "yeah... I and my friends were all from the north, but we never associated with Northern Trench Princess"

Blue and I looked at each confused for a moment before I asked "Blue here met Southern Trench Princess, I didn't know there was a northern one, but the way you speak of her seems like she is important" the moment I mentioned Southern Trench Princess, Xia looked first at me then at Blue like she had met a celebrity.

Though her answer was in the same sad tone as before "they're both very powerful Princesses. And are apparently feared among all forms of Abyssals. Though there is a third one called Central Trench Princess. Though I only have heard of Central Trench and Southern Trench. Though I have met Northern Trench Princess"

"What does she look like?" I asked now, speaking in a curious tone.

"Ehhh..." Xia trailed on before saying slowly "she's small, smaller than myself, um... she only wears panties, a glove on her right arm that extends all the way to her shoulder, both of them like yours Southern, a single stockings on her right leg, a collar, black and blue cat ears on her head, and a black tail with blue cracks in it"

Blue and I stared dumbfounded at the description of apparently an incredibly powerful Abyssal that is feared by all other Abyssals. Though soon Blue asked "how does she act?"

"Lazy" was all Xia replied without hesitation.

"Lazy?" Blue asked.

"Yes" Xia answered.

"Alright..." Blue said.

"Anyways" I say "why did you end up in a battle with those... Plains Abyssals?"

"I think I told you before, but... they invited us to one of their bases. We traveled several days alongside them until they betrayed us. Those massive ships came out of weird portals and started to..." now Xia stopped clearly remembering what had happened to her old friends, but then she suddenly changed the subject completely, letting out a pained chuckle before speaking "before I never thought that the other Trench Abyssals I was with were my friends while they were alive. They were just people I was traveling with, since it was better than being alone, but... now that I'm alone... I..." now it seemed she was having a hard time finding proper words to use.

So I decided to try and possibly cheer her up "well, you aren't alone" I state, now I have her full attention as she stared at me "Blue and I are here, and we don't mind you staying with us at all. The more the merrier! As they say!" Then I thought to myself *wait how would I know other people say that?... weird...*