Chapter 58

Highly unedited
Kamso

I was prepared for bed and when I came out of the bathroom, I was greeted by the sight of Mike pacing back and forth. He had his back to me so I watched silently wondering what had him so tensed up.

He finally looked up to mirror and saw me
standing behind him. He turned and smiled.
Okay, this is awkward.

I smiled back and waited for him to say something and when he didn't I went over to the bed we shared
and climbed in. I gave up when after a few minutes he was still standing there looking at me.

"Is there anything you want to tell me." I asked.

"I want to propose to you." he blurted suddenly, my eyes widened and I couldn't help the bouts of cough that shook my body for the next few minutes.

"Hey easy." Mike said rushing to my side and gently patting my back.

"Don't do that." I mean out of the blues he says he wants to propose. Who does that?

"I don't mean like now obviously. Not now now...or
maybe like... I don't mean-

I frowned and stared at him "Mike you're stuttering." he glared and I chuckled.

"What I meant is that I would like to propose to you and I want to know if you'll say yes."

"If I tell you that, what then is the need of your proposal."

He ran his hand down his face and shook his head. "That came our wrong. What I mean is that I want to know if it's okay with you."

I didn't answer immediately not knowing exactly what he meant.

"I want to know if it's too soon for you." he
tried again.

I didn't reply but I was touched that he thought about that. Perhaps he took my silence as something else because he kept on explaining. I smiled inwardly when his words came out all jumbled up. I mean it's not everyday I get to see him this flustered.

"I mean it's been merely few weeks since you came out from one and I would really understand if you want to take some time off for yourself. I'll understand if you want to wait for maybe a year even that is as long as we end up together I'm okay with it.
Whatever you want."

He stopped and rubbed the back of his head

"You're not saying anything."

"I thought... you were still talking" I said with a smile.

"I know I should give you some time and that this is quite selfish of me but I can't help it. I want you. I want to wake up everyday with you beside me and I want to get marrled to you have children with you. I want you."

"So is it too soon you?"

"I-

I was cut off by the sound of his ringtone and he looked really pained, almost angry at the interruption. He took it from the bed and looked at his phone.

"I'm sorry, I have to take this." I nodded and he swiped to the left and held it to his ear.

"Yeah?"

"Really" I watched his back as he talked.

"This night? You dummy why didn't you tell me earlier." He chuckled and glanced at the clock.

"Fine. I'll be there in thirty." he ended the call and pocketed his phone. He reached for his top behind me and put it on.

"I have someplace to be bae. Don't wait up for me." I knelt on the bed to meet his eyes.

"We'll finish our conversation later ok?" I nodded and he kissed my forehead then grabbed his keys and walked out.