Chapter 16

Dedicated to Odenimi

Kamso

"This is why, I refused to come with you in the first place." I said with a pout, Night prep had come to an end and I did not solve one Math problem. Not one.

"You have plenty of time to still complete it." He said helping me to pack my books into my school bag

"Complete? Mike I haven't even started and we're submitting it tomorrow. Now I'm going to stay up all night working on it and sleep tomorrow in class."

He laughed and I shot him a glare "I'd love to see you sleep in class though." He said and I shook my head in disbelief.

"What? I am yet to see you breaking rules and getting into trouble. It would be a pleasure to watch."

"How can the senior prefect of a school, stand and tell me I need to break rules. Make it make sense please, besides, I thought you were all for keeping rules." I said as we walked downstairs. He slipped his hands into mine.

"Don't remind me. All this post has done is place this huge responsibility on me. Now I can't even do half the things I want to do because I'm busy being an example to others."

"Exactly what you need." I said making a face at him. He draped his hands on my shoulder and pulled me closer.

When we came down where all the Juniors stood, I tried to shrug his hand away but he held on tight.

"Really Kamso? You're going to take my hands off in front of everyone. You want to deal me an open rejection." He knew I wouldn't, at least not in front of this much people.

"Nice one. You must be proud of yourself." I said and he laughed.

When we got downstairs to the assembly ground, same place we prayed every night, everyone was scattered all over the place and the current SS3 were not even there. Still in their classes, teachers have complained about it to the point that they're left to do whatever.

And our classmates instead of being at the assembly ground, were all gathered instead in the exam hall.
"Guys, don't make this difficult for me. Let's all go out. What examples are we setting?" Mike said in front of our classmates.

"Said by the one that is holding a girl in front of the whole school. What an ideal student, example extraordinaire." Someone called out and they started laughing. But they did go out slowly to join the others.

"Kanayo! You are conducting prayers this night. Hope you've not forgotten." Mike called out to Kanayo, who stood at the corner with some girls.

"Why did Kanayo's name even enter that rooster. Of all the people to pray, it's now Kanayo. Well, at least we know God is not hearing us today." Another guy shouted from the crowd and people started laughing.

"Guy fuck you." Kay said and flicked them off.

"Just proves my point." He said again and Kanayo laughed and ran towards him. Silly.

"Olu baby." Mike called out to yet another person.

"Yeah, yeah. Praise and worship. I remember. She said and Mike nodded.

Mike stayed back until everyone had left the hall, then he switched off the light, with his hand still on my shoulder. We walked to the stage where very few other prefects were. Mike sat on a desk there and pulled me into his arms. And rested his head on my shoulder.

"Shouldn't you offer me a seat? Ladies first and all that." I said.

"Want to sit on my laps?" He said, his breath fanning my face.