Chapter 13

Kamso

So our school bus just arrived at the venue and my nerves is doubling. You can't blame me though, I am the type of person that takes these things seriously unlike some other person I know. He's still sleeping, he literally slept throughout our way here.

From our talks, I found out he was the type of person that made good grades regardless, well I already knew this before, just not the extent. He had this attitude like a nonchalant attitude, nawa for that guy. So I finally accepted yesterday and it still feels like a dream, I can't wait for lj to come back.

"Oh my God. Look at this crowd." I muttered to myself as I came down from the bus.

"Yeah." I turned to see Mike beside me. I haven't gotten used to it yet. I mean up till two weeks ago, he was just my crush and now, my God.

"What subject are you going to write first?" I asked him still looking around.

"Probably Maths." He put his hands in his pocket and studied me.

"You're nervous." He said taking my hands in his. My breath hitched. But I rolled my eyes all the same.

"Thank you for stating the obvious." He laughed and raised my hand to his face.

"Your fingers were the first thing I fell for." He told me running his finger over my nails. My fingernails were fine though, I had to admit, they were slender and the tips white.

"Let's go. It's time for the exam." Mr Mbazu called to us.

Mike pressed his lips to my palm and smiled before letting go of my hand."Good luck." He told me  before leaving, Please remind me once again to faint later.

We went to different directions and I got settled. I rubbed my sweaty palms on my skirt and prayed then I started looking around.

"Enyim." The girl beside me said smiling at me. She was wearing those type of Harry porter glasses that sometimes intimidated me.

"Sorry?" Enyim means friend in lgbo and I was wondering why she called me her friend, I'm quite sure l haven't met her before.

"That's my name. Chibuenyim."

"Oh, I thought you were-" I said embarrassed.

"You're fine. I get that a lot too, I'm from British springs high school."

"Kamso. Royals high school." I replied smiling back. It wasn't always I met really outspoken people. I'm
not an introvert but I don't go all out.

An invigilator came in then. "Your exams start now. If you have any calculator with you, please take it out." Murmurings broke out as students went out to drop their calculators. I didn't come with any though. Mr Mbazu predicted that something like this
could happen.

"Nigerian competitions sef." Enyim complained when she returned. "They won't tell you beforehand that calculators are not allowed. The winning price sef is nothing to write home about."

I had nothing to say so I kept quiet as the papers for rough work were distributed. Soon enough, the hall became quiet save from the pounding of my heart.

We all switched on our computers and waited for instructions "You have half an hour for the exam And when the time is up, your systems will shut down regardless."

"Your time starts now. Good luck."

I calmed down after the first five questions, nothing I wasn't familiar with. Moment of a force, acceleration, electricity, this I can handle.