Chapter 34

Mike

"Kamso said to tell you that you're dead if you miss the ceremony."

"I won't miss it. Surely you know that Ij"

"I know, and I'm sure she knows that too. But y'know, Kamso being Kamso won't stop worrying about it, so I decided to let you know."

"Yeah. I'm on my way." I chuckled and ended the call. Like I was ever going to miss her graduation. I l smiled when I remembered mine a few months back.

Yeah, my impulsive girlfriend surprised me and came all the way to Calabar alone to see me.

"Oga, any problem?" I turned to the cab driver beside me and coughed. I guess the smile on my face was creeping him out. Probably making sure I was still mentally intact.

"No problem. None at all." I chuckled and sat back.

Few months ago

"Mike! Join in the group picture ni!" Obasi said with a laugh drawing me back. I nodded and smiled for the next picture but my mind was still confused for a moment.

Was it Kamso I just saw? No way. I shook my head, I just miss her way too much that my mind was conjuring images of her out of the blues. I relaxed and joined my course mates in discussions, when I turned again.

It really was her or I had gone crazy. I blinked several times to make sure but sure enough. There she was, so beautiful, looking around. Obviously for me. My God.

"Guy I'm coming." I said absentmindedly to Obasi and ran to her. She was surprised when I picked her up and twirled her around.

"What are you doing here?" I asked still surprised that she was right here in Calabar with me.

"Well last time I checked, it was someone's graduation. Surprise." She smiled and pecked my cheeks.

"Yeah, I mean...you ehh...I.."

"You're stuttering Mike." She laughed and I smiled. I was stuttering, it just felt surreal.

"You look great." I said my eyes trailing down her body. I pulled her close and hugged her again kissing her softly.

"You look good too." She said when we pulled away still holding to my waist.

"I know, you can't resist a man in suit and tie." I teased and she laughed and nudged me playfully. "I missed you love."

"Me too." She murmured against my lips, I deepened the kiss and her hand moving up my neck and her fingers brushing against my ears.

"So this is the charm I've been hearing about." We heard a voice and then we broke apart. What is it with people and interruptions.

"Kamso this is my crazy roommate. Obasi, the love of my life, Kamso." I couldn't resist and I bent to kiss her cheek and Obasi- Sam just clucked his tongue.

"Nice to meet the girl he wouldn't stop talking about." They shook hands and Obasi kept smiling,

"I've been meaning to ask, I mean I always had it in mind that if I should ever meet you thatI would ask you this."

"What?" Kamso asked her brows furrowed like it always would when she didn't know what to expect.

"Which babalawo do you see? Which tribe?"

Her face cleared and she started laughing. This boy have come again, I glared at him discreetly to shut up but he just shrugged.

"See eeh, I'm really serious. Which baba gives you your juju? If I could only get hold of such juju, all these girls doing shakara for me would just kpema."