Chapter 52

Dedicated to mockingbird198

Jay

"I'm back." I called to Kamso when I stepped into the house. As much as I try to avoid beating Kamso, she makes it hard for me.

But this would be the last time ever, I'll never lay hands on her in anger. I dropped the gifts I bought for her on the table and looked around.

"Kamso. Honey." my heart started racing when she didn't answer and when I noticed how still everywhere was. Did she leave me? I ran quickly to our bedroom and opened the door.

"Kamso!" she wasn't there. I pushed the bathroom door open and looked inside. She want there either. God please she can't leave me. I love her.

I went into the kitchen but she wasn't there either. I took my phone and dialed her number saying a prayer under my breath while I waited for her to pick up. She didn't pick up.

I plopped down on the sofa dejectedly and tried to calm down. I quickly got up and walked out to one of the neighbors house.

"Good evening Vero."

"Ha Jacob, this one you decided to come and greet us is everything alright?"

"Yes. I was just wondering if you saw my wife
earlier today."

"Chikamso? I saw her oo. One man came here asking of her, and later I saw him carrying her into his car. She was unconscious if I remember correctly."

I ignored the way she was looking at me and
thanked her. Gossips. I didn't know she was that hurt.

I picked my phone once I got back to the house and called Muna "Muna have you heard from Kamso recently?"

"No why? Is everything alright Jay?"

"It's fine. It's just that she hasn't come home yet and I was getting worried."

"It's 6:00pm. It's not like Kamso to stay out this late. When last did you see her."

"When I left earlier this afternoon. Do you have that your friend's number. Ijeoma. The both of them hang out a lot lately:"

"Sure. I'll send it to you."

"Thanks Muna."

"Anything for you Jay. You haven't beaten her again after we talked right?"

"Just send the number Muna." I bit out angrily and ended the call. Few minutes later my phone buzzed with an incoming message and I took the number down. I dialed it immediately and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello."

"Ijeoma, this is Jacob Uchechukwu, Kamso's
husband."

"Husband eeh? Why are you calling me Jacob?"

I ignored her snide comment and shifted my weight to my other foot "Is Kamso there with you?"

"And if she is? Why am I even wasting my time?" she ended the call and I clenched my fist in anger. I grabbed my keys and went to my car, I remember picking Kamso from her place one of the times she went there.

I banged on their gate when I got there and the gateman came out swearing.

"Tell them to bring out my wife or else I'll raise hell! Ijeoma! I'm not leaving until you bring my wife. What nonsense is this? How can you come and disrupt someone's home and turn one's wife against him. What sort of friend are you? Ijeoma!"

"Oga stop shouting."

"Call your madam then, tell her I'm not going anywhere until I see my wife.

"What is going on here?"