Chapter 26

Mike

"Guy just help me with this before you go. Just with waves, I still find it difficult, longitudinal, transverse stationary waves. I don't get it at all."

"Kanayo read it up then." Hia, it's not even with solving problems that he needs help with.

"It's not only that na, electromagnetic effects, Lenz law then with electric force, latent heat, heat capacity-"

I just watched as he mentioned almost all the topics in physics "You for tell me to help you with the subject itself na."

"Before nko? What are friends for. It will even help you more." He smiled and I finally gave up and pulled out a chair and sat beside him.

"Your textbook nko?" He quickly searched for
it in his bag and looked up.

"I must have left it in the hostel. Are you with
your own?" He asked and I shot him a look that said Are you being serious right now?

"Psst, Chinwe are you with your physics text book?" He called and many of our classmates turned to glare at him.

The library was open to us, but just for SS3 students as we were preparing for exams. Kanayo stood and went around asking for the textbook and I was not surprised when he returned empty handed.

"These our classmates are always stingy"

"What were you expecting before?"

"Ehen! Abi Chikamso should be with her own?" He said to me.

"Yeah, but I doubt she would be able to part with it though. She's this close to her physics book." I said crossing my fingers.

"Not if I say you're in need of it." He grinned at me and went ahead to call a junior boy.

"As if. If you think she's going to give it to you three days before the exam, then you don't know Kamso at all." I told him as a matter of fact.

"I may not know her as much as you do, seeing that two of you are inseparable. But I do know the powerof love." He winked and I rolled my eyes.

He walked to the corridor and called a junior boy that stood there. "You, yes. Come, come."

"Smallie or go down to SS3A, you should see Chikamso there. Tell her that Mike and I need her physics textbook." He told the boy.

"Should we bet on whether she's going to release it or not once your name is mentioned?" Kanayo said as he walked back, bringing out money from his bag immediately.

"Hold your money this boy. You're always quick to bet."

"You know she's going to give it to us, that's why you don't want to bet eeh? Lover boy ni."

When the junior boy came back, I looked at his hand and sure enough, he was holding a textbook.

"Ha! What did I say? The chemistry between
two of you eeh? Top notch."

"Stop fooling around."

I took the textbook from the boy and waved at him to go. I started leafing through it when something caught my eye and I stopped and flipped back a few pages. It wasn't boldly written, just a scribble. It was my name with a heart drawn beside it.

"Guy why are you smiling like this? Another love letter?" Kanayo asked trying to look too.

"No, it's nothing." I said shifting it a bit so he couldn't see anything. I didn't know I was smiling.

I went back to the page and saw something written beneath my name. It was so tiny I had to bring the book closer to read. My heart started pounding. I love you.