𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯𝟴 - (𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼) 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀

a/n - 3 more chapters xoxo please vote

2 weeks later
i look at the messages, frowning.

__________________________

1:03am

my oatmeallover

9 days ago

its almost our 10 months

crazy
delivered

8 days ago

rodrigo?
delivered

7 days ago

are u okay?
delivered

6 days ago

didn't think you'd be this busy haha

 i haven't seen ur face in forever
delivered

5 days ago

i really miss you

i feel like i should stop
texting since ur busy lol
delivered

4 days ago

happy ten months :))🤍
delivered

2 days ago

hey! i'm so so sorry

tour has been kicking
my ass im so stressed

it's okayy

happy 10 months !!!!

i'm sorry im late on it

that's okay

happy ten months
delivered

__________________________

i scroll up, smiling as i read our older messages. my screen changes as i get a call from olivia. i furrow my eyebrows, answering as i bring my phone to my ear. "hello?" i say. "hi," olivia responds, "i'm so sorry if i woke you up." i could hear the tiredness in her voice. she was drained. "you didn't. um, what's up?" i ask. "i..." olivia trails off. "olivia?" i ask after a few seconds. "tour has been really busy for me, and i just..." she sighs, "it's really fun. but it's also really hard to keep up with my personal life when i can barely get 5 hours of sleep without stressing over everything." i keep quiet, laying down on my head. "i mean, i haven't even gone on my phone, my managers have been posting the tour posts," she says. "yeah," i say. "i feel like... god, i don't know how to say this easily," she sighs. she wasn't gonna break up, right?

i wait for her to talk again. "i know i haven't been texting you, i missed our ten months," she says, "and i'm really sorry, but i think we should take a break." "oh," i whisper. "y/n, it's not like that. i promise you that i'm not doing this because i don't love you anymore, because i do. i do love you. but i feel so fucking bad that i can't even talk to you for two minutes- i'm lucky to be talking to you right now. but i just... i really need this break. we'll get back together, i swear, and i swear this is on me, it has nothing to do with you-" she speaks really fast. "olivia, it's okay," i cut her off. "really?" she asks. "really, i'm sorry if i've been stressing you out, but i get it. it can be stressful," i say, "we can take a break." olivia exhales, "thank you. again, this isn't about you." "i know," i say. "okay," she says. "i'm gonna head to bed now," i say. "okay, i'm sorry. goodnight," she says. "goodnight." i take the phone off my ear, ending the call. 

2 weeks later
i lay on billie's bed, staring at the ceiling. "are you okay, y/n? you've been quieter than usual," billie asks. "olivia and i are on a break," i admit. "oh my god!" zendaya yells, looking at me. "a week or two ago," i say. "why?" zendaya asks, sitting beside me. "she's really stressed," i say. "tour can be really stressful," billie says, sitting beside me too, "from experience." "i'm sorry, y/n," zendaya says. "don't act like we broke up," i say. "we aren't," billie says. "anyways, let's not talk about it before i cry," i chuckle, "can we go out and eat dinner now?" "yeah, of course," zendaya says, brushing my hair out of my face and standing up. 

we sit down, and i look around the restaurant. it was one of the fancier ones we go to. zendaya hands me a menu, and i open it, looking at the food. after we order, my phone starts buzzing. i take it out, looking at who was calling. "iris is calling me," i say, looking at them. "you guys talk?" billie asks. "i mean, we text sometimes but she never calls," i say. "answer it," zendaya says. i answer the call, bringing the phone to my ear. "hey iris," i say. "hi! so, you're probably wondering why i'm calling," she says. "i am," i chuckle. "so, i'm with olivia on her tour for a bit," she says, "and we're in germany now. but! bad news, her photographer is pregnant. like, very pregnant. like, baby's-gonna-pop-out-if-she-coughs-or-something pregnant. so she's gone back to la, so we have no main photographer, unless we pay a lot for another professional photographer since the other photographers liv have are better in their field of photography." "iris..." i say, knowing where this is going. "and... i do know a very talented photographer," she raises her pitch higher, "what do you say?" "i can't, iris," i say, "you have people that have literal jobs for this." "what? why not? i thought you'd say yes," she says. "olivia and i are on a break," i remind. "you guys are what?!" she yells. "she didn't tell you?" i ask. "no! no, she didn't! i'll call you right back," she hangs up.

olivia's pov
we look around for places to eat lunch. "ow!" i yell, feeling iris punch my arm. "why didn't you tell me that you and y/n are on a break?!" she yells. "oh my god," i mumble, "keep your voice down." "olivia!" she whisper yells. "well you know now," i say. "why didn't you tell me, though?" she asks. "because i don't wanna talk about it," i say, looking at my shoes, "because i'll start crying and i don't wanna cry in the middle of the street." "you are telling me everything when we get back to the hotel room," she says.

y/n's pov
i pick up my phone again, seeing iris calling. "yeah?" i say. "you have to do it," she says. "i told you already, iris," i say. "no, but you don't understand how bad olivia needs you," she says. "just get another photographer," i advise. "we don't have enough time! olivia's concert is tomorrow," she says. "and you think it's enough time for me to fly to germany?" "yes! if you leave in a couple hours, you'll get here before her concert," iris says. "you're crazy," i say. "if you saw how stressed olivia is, you'd come in a heartbeat, i know you would," iris sighs, "please, y/n." "give me a second," i say, muting myself. "she really wants me to go," i tell zendaya and billie. "you should do it," billie says. "yeah, i'd do it. olivia needs you," zendaya says, "it's her career." i sigh, unmuting myself. "i'll do it," i tell her. "thank you, y/n," iris says. "i'll go home and pack, catch a late flight. send me the hotel address, i'll update you," i say. "thank you so, so, much," she says. "all good. bye iris." "bye!" i hang up, looking at them, "looks like i have some packing to do."

we go back to billie's and i drive back home quickly.

i open 2 suitcases, starting to pack. after packing clothes, i pick up my camera. i place it in a separate bag, along with other camera equipment and my laptop.

after a little more than an hour, i zip everything up, picking up my phone after putting on my glasses. i book a first class plane ticket to germany, which was in an hour. i text iris.

'going to the airport now, plane's in an hour'

"good luck," zendaya says after she helps me take out my suitcases. "thanks," i say. "have fun too," she says, hugging me. "thank you for taking me here," i hug her tighter.

i sit on the comfortable plane chair, running my hands through my hair. "now i'm the one that's stressed," i mumble, taking out my phone and messaging iris that i'm on the plane. i sigh, reclining my chair so i was laying down. i close my eyes, eventually falling asleep.