𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟵 - 𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗺𝗲 𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻

a/n - please voteee

i gasp as olivia falls off the building.

i run as fast as i can, diving off the building. olivia's arms were out, eyes closed. i dive faster, catching up to olivia. i open my arms in last second, wrapping them around olivia's waist quickly. from the impact, we end up doing a flip forward. i web to a building, swinging us up. i land on the nearest building, putting olivia down. "are you insane?" i exclaim, looking at her. all she does is smile. "you could've died," i continue, "you're going crazy." "calm down, y/n," olivia chuckles, walking towards me. "calm down? my almost girlfriend fell off a pretty high building," i say, olivia's hands going to my shoulders. she looks through my lens, "i knew you were going to catch me." "and if i didn't? god, olivia! what if you died?" i ask. "not possible," she shrugs, "you promised you wouldn't drop me, and i trust you." 

i relax my shoulders, hugging olivia tight and squeezing my eyes shut, "don't do that again." she laughs, hugging me back, "i won't." "it's not funny, olivia," i take a deep breath, pulling away and taking a few steps back. "come on, y/n," she smiles. 

gwen stacy. 16 year old us. best friends. green goblin. gwen caught in the middle of the fight. dropped. shot a web. i bring her back up. her neck. the fucking web.

"can we just... go home?" i ask. olivia's expression softens as she realizes it wasn't a joke, and she nods, "i'm sorry." i shake my head, utterly grateful that i still had the mask on.

the swing home was as silent as ever. i decide to swing olivia home, stopping on her balcony. i place her down, and she looks at me with a sad expression. i look at her, mouth empty, but mind full. "i'm gonna go in," she says, digging the keys out of her pocket. she finds the balcony key, unlocking the door. she turns to me, "i'm really sorry." 

i fall off olivia's balcony, swinging to zendaya's house. i knock on her door, pulling off my mask. zendaya opens the door, and a tear drops from my eye. she looks at me, her expression turning sympathetic within milliseconds. "what's happening?" billie asks, walking up to zendaya. her eyebrows soften as she looks at me. i run into them both, hugging them tight as i let the tears fall.

they knew about gwen, so does tony. i tell them about olivia, and they tell me advice, which was to talk to olivia when i was ready. by talk, i mean open up.

i pick up my phone as i lay in between zendaya and billie, seeing 2 messages from olivia.

'y/n i'm so so sorry. it was stupid of me to fall off, i wish i had thought about it more, but i guess the moment just took over me. i'm so sorry i hurt you, i know how much pressure i put on you in the moment. i was being selfish i'm sorry.'

'talk to me whenever you're ready. or don't if you don't want to. you can go back to hating me, i deserve it. i'm sorry.'

i turn off my phone, closing my eyes. "do you have read receipts on?" billie asks. "no," i say. "you don't have to respond now," zendaya says. "i'm not going to," i say. "wait, forever?" billie asks. "not now," i say, "when i wanna talk, i will." "are you mad at her?" billie asks another question. "no," i say, "i don't think i would've gotten that upset if... you know." i couldn't even bring myself to say it. "we know," zendaya sighs. "she doesn't know, though. i need to see it from her perspective," i start, "she said she trusts me." "she trusts you to not let her fall," zendaya looks on the bright side. "gwen did too," another tear. "y/n, you can't keep beating yourself up for this," billie sighs, "i know you think it's your fault, but it wasn't." "i could've saved gwen if i had just caught her first... or if i had reacted faster," i say, "it's my fault." "it's not your fault," zendaya says, "you know now. you reacted quicker, you caught olivia first." "i'll talk to her later," i say. "talk to her whenever you feel like," billie says. "now, if i talk about this any more, your bed will be drenched in tears," i say, wiping my tears. "that's okay," zendaya smiles.

i end up falling asleep.

i wake up by billie tapping my shoulder. i groan, and billie talks. "olivia texted me," she says. "saying what," i whisper. "is y/n okay? i'm worried sick about her," billie says her text. "what did you say?" i ask. "i haven't responded yet, she texted me ten minutes ago," she says. "tell her i'm moving to new york," i say. "no you aren't, shut up," she says, "what do i say?" "just say i'm fine," i say. "okay, i'll make it sound more believable," billie says, typing, "i said 'y/n's okay, you don't need to worry about her. smiley face'" "she's obviously gonna worry," i say. "oh! she replied," billie says. "that was quick." "she said, 'i am, billie. i've literally thrown up twice bc i'm worried sick. literally'." "what're you saying?" i ask again. "i'l say..." she starts typing, "'y/n's okay. i'm sure she'll talk to you when she's ready'." "that's good," i say. "sent," she says.

zendaya comes into the room, "breakfast, guys!" "zendaya, you should've woken me up! i would've helped you," i say, getting out of the bed. "you needed the rest," zendaya says, hooking her arm around the back of my neck as we walk to the kitchen.

after breakfast, we hang around zendaya's room for a few hours. "i think i'm gonna go home now," i say, "i need to shower, i'm still in my suit." "i was gonna offer you clothes but you already fell asleep," zendaya laughs. "it's okay," i stand up, picking up my mask, "i'll talk to you guys later." i hug both of them, zendaya walking me to her balcony. i open the door, putting on my mask. "text us later," zendaya says. "got it," i say. she smiles, and we hug once more. i jump onto the railing, diving off.

i land on my balcony, opening it. i pull off my mask, pressing my logo. i walk to my bathroom, turning the water on and getting in.

i get out of the shower, picking up my phone. i go to my photos app, the app being last left on with olivia and i's picture from the snow. i look at it for a few seconds, swiping out.

i walk in my wardrobe, picking out comfortable shorts and a t-shirt. i head back in the bathroom, getting changed. 

i walk around my house, picking up a certain photograph that was framed on the wall shelf. gwen and i when she got her first job at oscorp. the job wasn't anything big for a 15 year old, but she was the only 15 year old in the whole building.

gwen had her white lab coat on, her hair neatly tied in a pony tail, fringe down. we had big smiles on our faces, and honestly, if gwen wasn't wearing the lab coat, you wouldn't know which one got the job. 

i smile, brushing the dust off the frame. i place it back on the shelf, positioning it so it was facing forward.