{Plot 2}• chàptér twélvê

Start from the beginning

"Our apologies your majesty" Greer spoke up, throwing a glare to a seething Astrid. She had forced her way in even after the three girls had tried to stop her. Anaise stood on the look out at the bottom of the grand stairs that lead to Darius's quarters. She had seen Astrid marching up and had tried to stall her from going to look for Audrey by telling her the truth, she was with the king and they shouldn't be disturbed but it only seemed like there words fueled Astrid's rage as she pushed past her sister and began her journey to the West wing of the castle. She had passed by Orchid and Greer who were swift to come in her path to stop her.

"Stop Astrid, you can't go in there" Greer refused, her stare hard as she looked at the intruder.

"And why not!?" She asked, feigning oblivion. Inside she was seething with rage and with each breath she drew her rage only increased. She had been waiting for Audrey by the water and the celebrations were well on their way but the candles hadn't been distributed and neither were the boat rides allowed without the king and his mate. Astrid had planned this out perfectly but now there was a big obstacle. How could the girls be hiding the king and Audrey away! They were getting closer behind closed doors.

"Audrey's mate is in there. You can't walk in there, if you need her so bad you can wait or we could help" Orchid offered, her attempt only making Astrid angrier.

"I won't wait for whatever you girls have planned. This" she gestured around, referring to the general situation. "All this is too much, you can't force something like this, if it isn't supposed to happen it won't. Trapping them in a room won't make them fall in love and automatically make Audrey a good queen not would it make her love Darius" Astrid rolled her eyes, glaring hard at the three girls who still stood in her way

"It's his majesty to you" Greer started, stepping closer to Astrid. "And it is meant to happen, whether you like it or not Audrey is the King's mate" she stressed the king more than any words to get her point across. "And he loves her more than his own life and he would not think twice before leaving this kingdom all for her so it's either you accept it or you don't. It won't change anything"

They were full on having a stare down and before Greer could register what was happening Astrid was pushing past them and running straight for Audrey's chambers. The three girls went after her but got there late with only enough time to grab her before the door came flying open and they fell through. When Orchid and Greer's gazes flickered over to the pair intimately positioned on Audrey's bed their lips twisted into a grin. Their plan had worked!

"What was so important you couldn't wait till your king came down with his mate?" Darius asked, his tone harsh and his gaze hard as he looked over the four girls. His demeanor had completely shifted and Audrey found it oddly attractive. "I don't appreciate the intrusion. You four know no one apart from my mate, the king and gueen's guards and I are allowed in the Western Wing without permission"

Astrid paid no attention, all her mind was reeling and bursting with anger and jealously as her eyes were trained on the hand Darius had around Audrey's waist, his other one running circles around her forearm making matters worse. He was touching her. Her eyes met Audrey's and she sent her a nasty glare which she didn't try hiding. Audrey was such an attention whore, she must have tried to seduce Darius into marking her, why else would she be in a corset right now? Astrid thought, eyeing Audrey accusingly.

"We apologize your majesty" Anaise, Orchid and Greer said at once but Astrid didn't utter a word before she had stormed out of the room with her hair bouncing behind her.

"Darius" Audrey calls softly, turning in his arms to face him. Her big dark eyes met his, effectively warming his insides and calming his annoyance. "It's fine. It's okay" she smiled, her hand resting on his shoulder in an attempt to calm him, his eyes followed the action.