Chapter 24

AN: !!NSFW IN THIS CHAPTER!!

okay it's pretty much all of this chapter. I put asterisks where it starts and ends if yall wanna skip

After Renee's abrupt, but understandable, exit from your home, Sebastian made quick work of preparing for the night ahead. A stake out of the University; waiting to see if Dr. Jekyll would arrive and if she did, follow her until she led you...somewhere. The missing students, hopefully.

You weren't actually sure if she had some giant lab or not. When you mentioned it to her briefly, she didn't confirm or deny it. So, you just assumed she had one. You went through the idea out loud as you and your demon butler came into your bedroom. He agreed it would be beneficial to proving your theory.

Quickly taking off your dinner outfit, you glanced at him with confusion as he brought out your old bookbag, packing it with your gun, a knife, and other random stuff.

"What's that for?"

"Well, it wouldn't be wise to trespass on campus territory looking out of place. More specifically, I would look out of place. So you'll be going back to your roots this evening and stage as a regular college student."

Crossing your arms over your chest, you raised a sceptic brow at him. "What? Don't tell me you think you look like an old ass man compared to them."

His crimson eyes looked to you finally, standing straight and zipping your bag. "Well, considering I am hundreds of years your senior, yes. I do give the appearance as an adult male well into his 30's at the very least."

Your eye wandered a bit in thought. "Huh, so would that mean I'm into really old guys, then? What's the slang term for that? Cause like, older women who like younger men are Cougars. What's it called for the opposite way around?"

You were getting off topic, you knew, but teasing your butler was honestly so much fun right now.

Sebastian sighed. "In any case—"

"Oooh, no, a better question; are you a cradle robber? Oh my god, am I jailbait?" You started laughing to yourself, seeing his cheeks grow a tiny shade of pink.

"As I was saying," He said sharply, "Do with that information what you will for your attire. I shall dress in something less obvious as a butler and bring the car around front. Be ready in 15 minutes."

Oooh, Mr. Big In-Charge Man.

You scoffed a bit and moved over to your dresser. "Great; baggy t-shirt and leggings. A classic."

"If that is what female college students wear these days, then that should be acceptable. Remember, 15 minutes." Sebastian turned to leave, but paused and faced you again, slowly. "One more thing, my Lady."

"Hm?" You looked up from grabbing a t-shirt and noticed he suddenly stood over you, almost looming. It made a small tingle travel up your spine, raising goosebumps on your skin. The demon noticed.

His hand slid like a snake around your waist and pulled you into the line of his body. "Those 15 minutes I have given you...only 5 of them will be used to prepare for our evening."

Your brows furrowed in confusion. "5? What are we doing those extra 10 minutes?"

Those inviting lips curled into a small smirk as he leaned down beside your ear. "The rest will be used as a reward. I have been thoroughly impressed by you recently. You have done well as a Countess. You seem more...confident."

Your chest began to rise and fall heavily, feeling your ears burning. "T-Thanks, I guess? Um...what kind of reward?"

Say it. Please, oh my god, say it! Holy shit if he doesn't say it.