Chapter 6

Sebastian and the Midford family maid, Emily, stood beside one another in the long sun room. They watched over their respective Masters silently as they spared with one another. Emily would avert her eyes to Sebastian every once in a while, a small tint of pink on her cheeks. The butler noticed this of course but said nothing. Both held clipboards in their hands, keeping track of yours and Edwards scores.

Edward darted his feet back and forth, precisely jabbing and swinging his saber at you. You matched his feet and blocked all of his attacks. You had grown a little more confident in your fencing skills, though you still could not understand why this was still a thing. So, it was that lack of understanding that caused you to not fully be at Edward's level.

"Look at those dainty feet!" Your cousin laughed behind his helmet. "Really trying to give me a run for my money, Phantomhive!"

You grunted a bit and went on the offensive, lunging forward to stab into his chest, but he merely swiped at the sword with his. "Trying my best!"

Not only did you think this was an outdated sport, but the uniforms were hot and uncomfortable. You felt sweat dripping down your forehead, your panting only increasing the heat inside this stupid helmet. Edward jumped at you a bit with a small snicker, earning you to jump back out of fear of being struck. However, try as you might, your cousin took a large lunge forward and the tip of his saber pressed firmly into your chest plate.

Emily checked off a tally on the paper she held. "That is 15 touches, my Lord!"

Edward cheered to himself as you groaned and threw your hands up in annoyance. Sebastian looked down to the paper she held. "That is 10 for you, my Lady. Much better than last week."

You pulled off your glove and tore the helmet off your face, a few strands of your bangs matted to your forehead. "I hate this stupid sport."

The blonde male pulled off his helmet and shook his head a bit, those golden locks flowing around his face perfectly. "Don't worry, cousin, you'll get better at it one day. You may be of old, feeble age by then but at least you can say you gave it your best shot. It's hard being the inferior family member."

You glared at him and he grinned at you. "Wipe that smile off your face, Ed. I have a disadvantage, remember!?"

You motioned towards your patched eye, but Edward only rolled his eyes. "Please, that sorry excuse again? You have had that thing long enough for you to adapt."

"Fine. I may not be very good at fencing but I can still kick your ass at other things!"

"Oh, yeah? Like what?" Edward set his weapon and helmet down before stepping out of the jumpsuit.

"Hand to hand combat."

Edward scoffed. "You're joking, right? I'm twice your size!"

"Hardly! You're, like, what? Maybe 4 inches taller than me? I don't know if you've noticed, but your bloodline didn't have a whole lot of tall men." You teased, peeling off the ugly white unitard.

Your cousin's cheeks went red, before he growled a bit. "Oh, yeah? Well at least I'm not 'like, totally an American girl who flaunts my tits for attention and need constant validation for, like, doing my job~!'"

He faked a stereotypical Valley Girl accent and flopped his little hands about. To be honest, it was hard keeping a straight face. It was pretty funny.

"Okay, pretty boy. Fists up, then." You tossed the uniform to the side and parted your feet, fists coming up by your face.

Emily's face dropped in concern. "Uh, Sebastian, should we--"