23

LUKE

"I'm coming over to your house to tell you stuff you don't know." I said. "Why? Just say it over the phone." Logan said. "It's better if I come over there. Plus, I never seen my nephews." I said. "Okay." Logan said.

I'm not going to lie, I was a bit nervous. This is the first time I have spoken to my brother in person in a decade! When I arrived, my brother looked fed up with his kids already. "Hey! Put that down. Behave! Your uncle is here!" Logan said. "I don't give a fuck!" One of his sons, Leo says. "Language, please!" Logan said.

"They are acting like such children when they are 14 and 16 years old." Logan said. "Let's get this over with, what happened?" Logan said. I could see Lewis, Logan's other son, and Leo together trying to eavesdrop on us. I gave them a mean glare and they left. I didn't notice that for the rest of the conversation they were still eavesdropping next to us.

"Dad did the same thing that he did to you...to me. I don't understand why you left me just like that. You couldn't at least take me?" I said. "You don't understand, I didn't intentionally want to leave you." Logan said. "Yeah, where is that beautiful wife of yours? Huh? Is that why you left?" I said.

"No...she left me for another man. She left me with the kids. I'm so stressed you don't understand me. I had to deal with traumatic experiences like that and now I have kids that don't give me a fucking break. They are like toddlers! They don't know what their dad has been through. I'm trying so fucking hard not to become a monster like Dad is or a lunatic like Mom is. I'm sorry for not seeing you more often but I'm so mentally tired, man." Logan said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. How come you never told your kids? Maybe they would understand if you told them." I said.

"That's the point, Lucas! I don't want them to understand. I don't want them to understand that their dad was such a fucking pussy. I don't want them to become like me at all. I want them to be happy and free unlike I was. But they make it so hard for me that it makes me want to end it all. But I can't because I love them." Logan said.

Logan and me were crying like little boys. We really were traumatized. Leo and Lewis were walking out of where they were eavesdropping. They look like they were mad. "Fuck you, dad. All you do is call us toddlers and brats." Leo said. "Wait- you know I didn't mean it like that, Leo." Logan said. "Yeah, of course you didn't. I'm going to my friend's house for a party." Lewis said.

"No you're not, Lewis." Logan said. "Yes, I am. You can't stop me." Lewis said. "Can I come?" Leo asked. "No, because it's a SENIOR party." Lewis bragged. "That's not fair! You're leaving me with dad and you're not even a senior! You're a sophomore!" Leo whined. "And you are an 8th grader. Wait till next year, buddy." Lewis teased.

"Lewis, I don't appreciate you going to a senior party when you are a sophomore. You. Are. Not. Going." Logan said. "Too bad, my friend is already at the driveway. See you never, dad!" Lewis said. "You are grounded when you get home!" Logan said.

"That's still not fair! Ugh, I wish mom was here!" Lewis complained as he stomped upstairs. "You see what I go through? They are so lucky that I'm not like Dad. If I was, they wouldn't act like this. But I'm not a rapist." Logan said. "Yikes, maybe I don't want kids." I said. "What? You got a lady?" Logan laughed. "I do, actually." I said. "That's a surprise." Logan teased. "Shut up," I said.

"How is she like?" Logan asked. "She's nice. She has a son, had him at 15. The dad is a horrible man. He's like our dad. A rapist, has a good job, hit us whenever we did something small. He's lucky to have a mom that cares for him. Her name is Dahlia like the flower. She's so beautiful and caring. I just haven't told her my story yet." I said.