4

Tuesday (3 days till the party)

Okay, now I lost my best friend. It's okay, I have other friends to talk to. I have Manuel. I see Manuel, but he's making out with his girlfriend, Nadiya. Nadiya is also my friend. She's really nice to me. I waited till they are done with their make out session. They finally spotted me with embarrassment on their face. "Hey Z! What's up?" Manuel said. "Nothing, just need someone to talk to." I said with sadness. "What happened to your friend, Walton is his name right?" Nadiya asked kindly. "He stopped being my friend because of a false rumor." I said. Nadiya and Manuel looked at each other sadly. "Well, we would love to talk to you. Why don't we talk over milkshakes, it's on me." Manuel said. I didn't have anything else to do, and my parents didn't spend time with me. "Sure" I said. "I have a girls day with my girlfriends, you boys can hang out without me." Nadiya said. "Alright, have fun" Manuel replied. "So when do we meet up?" I ask. "Right after school, if that's cool with you." he said. "Yeah that's fine, see you then." I say. "See you, Z!" he yelled, as I walked away.

Finally, school was over. I walked out of school and I spotted Walton and his friends. Walton looks at me with a face full of guilt but I looked away in anger. Then, I spotted Manuel. I ran over to him for our "hang out" today. "Hey Manuel!" I said. "Hey, Z! Hop in my car, we can go to the restaurant there to get our milkshakes." I hopped in the car and sat there quietly.

The drive was silent, since me and Manuel weren't like me and Walton. He tried to start a conversation. "What flavor of milkshake do you like best?" he asked, hoping to get a word out of me. "I like vanilla." I replied. "Ew, how plain." he said. "IS NOT! Vanilla is the best flavor!" I said with anger. "Okay, whatever you say. Are you still coming to my party?" he asked. "Yes" I reply. "My nerdy brother is going to be there, so whatever you do DON'T go in his room. He's probably going to study." he warned me. "Okay, I won't" I replied.

We finally arrived at the restaurant. Oh my gosh! I love Dairy Queen! We order our milkshakes and sit down in a small round table with 2 chairs. We order our milkshakes for takeout.
"Why takeout? We are literally sitting at one of the dine-in chairs." I asked. "Let's go to my house and play video games, you know, like we used to." He said. He's not wrong, we did used to play games when we were younger.
"Alright," I said. "only if you are willing to. Don't make it feel like I am forcing you."