Changes

After realizing I think Aaron is more attractive than I thought, I push the feeling deep down inside of me and let it fester.

This however only makes it worst and instead of the feeling disappearing it's spreads like a cancer and I literally cannot ignore anything he does anymore.

I seem to pay attention every insignificant movement he makes which leads to more awkward encounters than ever before.

We walk too close to each other...I freak out and move further away.

He goes to open the door for me...I rush to open it myself.

He tries to tell me something, I flinch... hard.

We eat breakfast at the same table... I refuse to look up from my plate.

I'm can't count the amount of times my ears have turned red from embarrassement and I want to slap myself upside the head for acting like an idiot. If he's noticed... which he most likely has, he doesn't say anything.

Not that he ever says anything in the first place, but we take two steps back so much more often, it feels like we're walking backwards.

We're stuck in limbo not moving anywhere but being all over the place at once. The underlying tension between us is driving me insane and I don't even know if there's a solution to it.

I land up at the underground casino again and playing poker with Gustav the chef, Father Michael and Aaron.

We don't place any actual bets out of respect for the priest playing with us and I find the entire situation almost hilarious. I'm playing poker with a mafia boss I have underlying sexual tension with, a hot former gangster now priest and a murderous Russian chef who occasionally throws knives at people's throats.

I don't remember how I got into this situation but I'm stuck in it so I continue playing. By the end of the round I end up with the highest hand, then follows Aaron, Father Michael and lastly Gustav, in that order.

"Wow you're a natural Valerie! and you've only started playing recently, I'm impressed." Father Michael compliments me and I thank him.

"You are good player, reminds me of my first love Katrina. Strong willed women... never lose a bet." Gustav says to me and I thank him while being slightly confused at the mention of his first love. He looks down at the table and fidgets with the cards before speaking again.

"The first time I met Katrina she hit me over the head with cast iron pan..." he starts and I almost want to laugh at how serious he delivers that hilarious statement.

"I fell in love with her instantly. She was strong like bull and fought men regularly. She bowed to no one, not even me." he reminisces with a frown.

"She loved me as intensely as she fought and argued. Everything about my Katrina was passionate up until she died in my arms..." he continues and my eyes widen at the mention of her death.

"You are like my Katrina... you will make good wife to Mr Valentino." he states and both Aaron and I look at eachother before snapping our eyes away from eachother.

A while later I end up back at the shooting range area with a hand gun and some ammunition. It isn't difficult to remember how to operate the gun and before I know it I'm aiming at the target in front of me with Luna standing next to me.

Firing all six bullets I teach Luna how to do it as well and I stand back watching her. She jerks back at the recoil and we laugh together before she does it a few more times to get the hang of it.

By now we've warmed up and are confident enough to fire the assault rifles which I've grown fond of despite it's intimidating fire power and size.

Standing steady I prepare to aim, when I heard a noise behind me and I turn around. I lower the gun so I don't point it at the person.