Straight to the punch line

"Well I didn't think you'd be back so soon Val, miss me already?" Marcus teases and I can feel everyone's eyes on me. 

"Hey Mark, my fiancé and his friends just happened to pick out your bar tonight isn't that great?" I say with a smile.

He looks over at Aaron and extends his hand for a handshake.

"Nice to finally meet you I'm Marcus." they shake hands and I catch the subtle flex of Marcus hand before he puts his hands behind his back.

Aaron doesn't even respond and just nods his head, Marcus then goes onto greet everyone else in the group and of course Tiffany tries to throw herself at Marcus but he doesn't even notice.

"Do any of you want drinks? I'll bring them around for you." Marcus asks.

"No need mate, I'll call a waiter don't trouble yourself." Ross assures him.

"It's really no trouble, I own the place after all." he smiles.

"That's incredible this place is beautiful." Tiffany says and squeezes her arms to make her chest pop out more.

"Yeah I actually got the idea and the name of the place from Valerie over here." he says looking over at me.

what?

"I'll tell you after some drinks first round on me?" he queries and he takes our orders.

"And would you like it the normal way or the extra Val way." Marcus asks me referring to how strong I want my drink.

"You already know Marky." I smile.

"Yes ma'am I'll be right back." he says and winks at me.

"What does he mean by extra Valerie way?" Ross asks me curiosly.

"Well in university I used to make my drinks really strong and I'm talking about just a shot of chaser." I say laughing and continue.

"And I made this joke about the drink being as dirty as me and it kinda stuck, so we called it the extra Val." I say still laughing while reminiscing and Luna laughs along with me.

Marcus comes back with all our drinks and tells me to scoot over so he can sit next to me, I try to move but Aaron stays unmoving in his spot.

"Come sit next to me instead Marcus." Tiffany bat's her eyes at him and I almost want to scoff.

Marcus sits down next to Tiffany after placing all the drinks down on the table.

"Who wants to hear the story about how this bar came to be?" Marcus asks the group.

He then goes on to tell us about how I was so drunk one day I proposed an idea to open up a bar overseas.

He also describes how I wanted it to be named the spotlight because of one of my favorite shows mentioning a murder mystery, using a spotlight as the cause of death.

By the time he's finished talking I already feel borderline drunk off the one drink he gave me because of how strong it is.

"Want another drink Val?" Marcus asks me and I nod.

"Vodka cranberry please, but make it a normal one." I say and he nods and walks off.

"So Valerie how long where you and Marcus friends?" Tiffany asks trying to get information out of me.

"They where together actually." Luna answers for me and Tiffany looks like she's silently popped another blood vessel.

Valerie 2 - Tiffany 0

"How did you two met?" Ross asks Aaron and I.

Freezing in my spot I'm not sure what to say and Aaron doesn't even help, he just finishes his drink and looks at me.