Runaway bride

Sticking true to my word, I avoided Aaron like the plague. I went as far as to skip meals just to avoid eating near him and sneaking into the kitchen to collect food like a mouse in the middle of the night.

I managed to avoid him completely for about two days before I started becoming feed up by my own lunacy.

For the time being I've been wearing sweat pants and a tank top around my room, while watching some of my favorite shows to pass the time.

Getting too hungry to concentrate I've decided, that it's time to suck it up and find something to eat.  Fixing my up my hair up into a ponytail to look more presentable, I get up off my bed and make my way out.

Boldly I make my way to the kitchen in the middle of the day, making sure I'm quiet enough not to be heard.

Opening the kitchen door, a fast moving object nearly grazes my ear and lands in the wall with a loud thud next to me.

Looking to my left, I'm met with my reflection in the knife and I yank it out of the wall.

This feels familiar...

The same Russian chief glares at me, the same way he did when we met. Walking toward him, with the knife in hand I place the knife on the table and go towards the fridge to find a snack.

Finding nothing I want, I huff and close the fridge and I'm at the door when the chief speaks.

"You haven't eaten proper meal in two days, I will make you lunch." the chief says in a thick accent and continues chopping the vegetables in front of him.

oh that's sweet of him...

"Now leave kitchen." he speaks again without lifting his head.

Ahhh...

"What's your name?" I ask him before leaving.

"Andrei Gustav, but call me Gustav." he replies.

"I'm Valerie, it's nice to meet you Gustav." I say and walk out of the kitchen not waiting for a response.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the chiefs kindness, despite his hostile demeanor. Making my way back to my room, I'm about to turn the corner when I hear a door clicking closed.

Peering around the corner a male figure steps out of the room and I recognize Jake's figure.

Jake makes his way out of my room, looks around him then closes the door. I quickly move my head away so he doesn't catch me and stand with my back against the wall.

Did Aaron send him to look for me?

Rushing back down the stairs, I have a strange feeling about him being in my room, but I try to reason with myself that it must be Aaron's doing.

Without thinking I make my way back to the kitchen and before I open the door I speak.

"It's Valerie don't throw the knife." I say to the door and open it.

He just glances at me and continues working not paying attention to me. I hear foot steps and I hide behind the island.

"Gustav I'm not here." I whisper as the door swings open.

Gustav throws the knife in the doors direction and I hear a yelp followed by Jake's voice.

"Have you seen Valerie? Mr Valentino is looking for her. He wants to see her in his office." he asks the chief.

"No one allowed in kitchen. Get out." he states above me and I almost sigh in relief when I hear the door close.

Peeking up from the counter I see the closed door and I stand up fully. Gustav only gives me a side eye and continues cooking.