Whiskey Aftermath

(Trigger warning for attempted assault in the second part of the chapter)

Shit

Asking for an engagement ring am I insane? what else did I do that I don't remember?

"Tell me everything to know right this minute." I say to Cameron.

"Yes of course Miss Valerie but, let's discuss that while we walk to the car yes?"

We start walking and he continues "I heard you shouting through the door something along the lines wanting the marriage to at the least look real so you don't become a laughing stock? This was about straight after you drank a sizeable amount of liquor "

I gasp and say "Oh dear God and what else? "

"You wear holding Mr Valentino by the collar by the time I walked in and Mr Valentino myself looked quite disheveled."

We're about nearly in front of the car when and I slap my hands over my face, crouch down onto the floor with and my embarrassed protests get muffled by my hands.

I hear a laugh that turns into cough from above me and look up to see Cameron facing his head away from me.

I stand up and poke an accusing finger at him "This isn't a laughing matter! how am I supposed to even look at him now?!"

He turns to hide his smile and goes to open the car door for me "I wasn't done, you did more than that."

"Oh fuck off no, there can't be!" I say to him while climbing into the car.

On our way to the jewelry store he tells me after I held Mr Valentino by the collar I attempted to undress myself in the office because I complained about being hot and wanted to dress in comfy clothes.

He said Mr Valentino requested him to get me comfortable clothes and before he could get back I fell asleep and Mr Valentino put me in the spare bedroom and placed the clothes on the chair for me to wear.

Just staring in front of me dumbfounded at my own stupidity I realize I havent spoken to my best friend to tell her what happened in these 3 days and I make a mental note to call her and tell her everything.

Wait... what day is it?

"Cameron what day is it..."

"It's Monday Miss Valerie."

I gasp "Shit I have work today I can't be driving around!"

"Mr Valentino has likely already taken care of it Miss Valerie he's very diligent." Cameron assures me.

As I'm about to argue back my phone rings and I see my best friend Luna calling.

"I was about to call you I have to much to tell you -" She cuts me off mid sentence and says. "Bitch where the fuck are you and why is Mr Brown's secretary saying you're engaged?!" she whisper screams over the phone.

"We need to meet up I can't say everything on the phone, I can't talk right now I'm going to a jewelry store."

Before I can end the call, even from from a distance I hear "BITCH A JEWELRY STORE ?!"

I end the call and put my phone on silent. Sorry Luna.

After going to the jewelry store and picking out a simple band with a small diamond much to the store employees dismay, I ask Cameron to drop me at my place and the bring my clothes I left behind the next day since I was already exhausted from the past few days .

I hadn't realized how much I missed my own space until I get home. Deciding that now would be a good time to talk to Luna I tell her to meet me at my place after work.