Chapter 45.

Lestat heard David telling Loki "This is brilliant." as he stepped out of his shower.

"Wait, hold on a second." came Loki's reply.

He couldn't make out the rest of the conversation, because they were whispering, then giggling like a bunch of children. He dried himself and headed towards their voices. It didn't miss his attention that the two of them seemed to get along way too well. He was jealous of their blooming friendship, so he decided to join their little circle.

'Good evening!' he said, entering the room, a bit shocked by what he saw.

David was standing in front of Loki, holding the Asgardian's face in his hands, staring deeply into his eyes. He dropped his hands quickly when Lestat appeared, as if he was ashamed of being caught by him.

'What are you two doing?' Lestat asked nonchalantly, managing to hide his jealousy.

'We were just testing if we can communicate mentally.' David replied, while Loki turned back to David with a weird look in his eyes.

Lestat's gaze went immediately to the prince's neck and noted with relief that he had no bitemarks.

'Are you spying on us? I'm trying to learn here.' Loki asked, loyal to his arrogant self and David let out an amused chuckle which riled Lestat up beyond measure.

'I thought I relieve David from his duties, now that I'm back and teach you myself. See if I can get your astral juices flowing.' he told Loki, pleased with his innuendo.

'That won't be necessary, my friend. I know how busy you are and I'm more than happy to train Prince Loki. He showed me some excellent spells to call upon the spirits earlier and shared some...' David explained.

'This is not a bonding session, David. I want him trained and gone by the end of the week. So, if you don't mind...' Lestat said, making an elegant gesture towards the door.

David raised his brows and then looked at Loki. They were clearly having a conversation that Lestat was unable to hear which drove him crazy, but he didn't want to show his annoyance.

'Well, if Loki doesn't mind. I'm getting rather peckish anyway.'

'I do mind.' Loki weighed in, looking uncharacteristically alarmed.

'I'm sure Lestat will be a wonderful tutor.' David said, pacing by Lestat who sensed that something was very wrong, especially when Loki grabbed his friend by his arm.

'I'm afraid I have to insist.' Loki said in a very familiar accent.

'And what if I decline?'

The atmosphere around them seemed to vibrate and then David started to convulse, beads of blood sweat appearing on his forehead, while Loki was standing there tall, deep in concentration.

'No way!' Lestat uttered to himself in disbelief.

At that moment the two of them collapsed on the floor. For a few seconds they were motionless, then David's eyes began to flutter and he sat up.

'What was the name of my cat?' Lestat quizzed him.

'Again, feeding a stray cat doesn't make her your own. It simply doesn't count.'