Drinks and confessions

AUDREY

I can see Cohen sneaking glances at me when he thinks I'm not looking. It stirs up something in my chest, and I start to feel giddy. This man is going to be my undoing.

"So...are you coming in? Or are you just planning on laying around all day?"

He shrugs from the shore.

"I probably should. I've been to way nicer beaches, but I guess you can't be too picky."

I laughed at the audacity of it. Considering where we are right now, with the crystal clear water, white sand and an official rating of one of the top 5 beaches in the world, he's dreaming.

"Come on then!"

Cohen stood up, and a wicked smile settled on his face. I held up my hand, palm towards him. A warning.

"If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, stop it!"

"I'm offended you always think the worst of me, Red!"

His smile turned sweet, and he stepped forward to take my hand gently. I relaxed and stepped closer to him.

He suddenly grabbed me by the hips, and hoisted me over his shoulder, then started running towards the deeper water.

"Don't you dare, Cohen!"

We both went under.

When I surfaced, he was smiling like a naughty little kid.

"You are a dead man!"

"Oh, come on Red! Fair is fair. You got me wet. I was just evening the score!"

I took a step towards him, put my hand on his chest and tried to push him over. Instead, his hands grabbed me around my waist, and he pulled me into him. A little gasp escaped my lips, and I looked up to meet his gaze.

"Red..."

His hand came up to push my hair out of my face.

"Yes?"

His mouth came down and met my jaw. He planted kisses along the line of it, then began moving down my neck slowly. His hand moved from my hip, wrapping around my lower back, and pulling me closer to him.

I reached up and pulled his mouth to mine. His tongue slipped inside my parted lips, and I heard myself moan involuntarily.

We continued to kiss, waist-deep in the clear, calm water. I eventually pulled myself away.

"Not fair, Cohen!"

He looks confused. It's was pretty adorable.

"What are you talking about, Red?"

"I chucked iced water on you... you threw me in the ocean. We were even! Now I owe you... I'm wet all over again!"

He threw back his head and laughed.

"I can do something to rectify that if you want, Red?"

More heat raced to my cheeks, and between my legs.

"We are on a public beach, Cohen!"

He stepped closer to me again, and moved so he was speaking right in my ear.

"Oh honey, have you forgotten our camping trip? I seem to recall that you didn't have any objections when you were surrounded by teenagers and I had my fingers inside you!"

I had to look away from him. He was making me even more flustered.

"No, but..."

"Seems like you'll just have to be patient and wait until we get somewhere more private then? Now, I came here for a swim, so if you'll excuse me..."