Future plans

AUDREY

We made it back to bed, and spent the next 24 hours making love, sleeping, talking, and making love some more.

I was sitting up, leaning against the bed head, while Cohen lay with his head in my lap. I ran my hands through his dark hair absentmindedly.

"Hey baby?"

"Mmm...?"

I looked down at his gorgeous face and equally stunning body.

"Any ideas what you want when we leave here?"

"Leave here? I'm planning on living out the rest of my days here. Who needs the real world when I can just stay here in heaven with you? You can bankroll that for me, right?"

Cohen leaned up and kissed me, slow and sensual. My heart skipped a beat.

"That sounds amazing, but I'm sure Jem will send out a search party eventually. I'll probably end up on a Most Wanted list for kidnapping you."

I laughed. He was right.

"Very true! You would be even more of a media story then."

I had been thinking about my future. A realistic one. Not my dream one.

"I don't know. I don't like thinking about going back to reality. I guess... it will be nice when I'm not sleeping with a married man anymore."

Cohen nodded.

"What about living with one?"

Living with one?

"What?"

He looked at me and asked again.

"Would you consider moving in with a married man?"

Oh my God.

"Really?!"

"I want you. All of you. All the time. If we have to go back to the real world, I don't want to go back to my lonely, empty house. And I'm sick of renting. I want a home, not just a house."

He kissed me again.

"I know this is fast... but I know what I want. We can get a place together... find somewhere for the two of us... Just think about it."

I threw myself on top of him.

"I don't need to. It sounds like the next best thing to heaven.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

COHEN

We had just got off the plane, and had collected our bags. Audrey and I sat outside on a bench seat, her head resting on my shoulder, waiting for our lift home.

"Cohen?"

"Yeah, Red?"

"Do you want to stay with me tonight? I really don't like the idea of going home to an empty house. I'm kind of used to having you around."

She looked worried that I would say no. She was adorable. I kissed her forehead and put my arm around her back.

"Don't think you're getting rid of me anytime soon, babe. You're going to be stuck with me from now on."

She smiled and craned her neck to kiss me.

I pointed at the car that had just pulled up, the horn blaring incessantly.

"Looks like our ride is here."

"Ohhh myyy Godddddd! Hi! I missed you soooo much! Aud, you need to tell me everything!