Raspberry

I'm at my clinic, adjusting myself in the mirror on the second floor, looking so cute in a romantic sort of way. That's not my fault though. It's the suit Raspberry is dying for me to wear. When she sees me in it, I know she's going to swoon. She might be expecting me to react the same with her, and I might have to, seeing as how Raspberry never fails to pull off a fashionable look. But I'm still anxious about how this night is going to end. I don't want her to think of me as her "boyfriend", but at the same time, I don't want to lose her as my friend. She's not as strong as Strawberry, so I'll really have to speak to her in a different way.

I sigh as I plant my head against the mirror.

Me: Oh, princess... Please give me the strength to end this night with success...

I turn to my window, upset that, with the barrier in the way, I'm not able to marvel at how vibrant Berry Bitty City looks at night. Every night, before I go to sleep, I take ten minutes to lay in my front lawn and stargaze, through the glass dome that allows me to get a sneak of what I'm missing, with all those shining stars. Tonight I'll get the whole thing, because the ball is going to grant everyone a taste of freedom. Freedom that, with every ounce of hope in me, will come back to us.

[KNOCK] [KNOCK] [KNOCK] [KNOCK] [KNOCK]

Constant knocking at my door forces me to stumble downstairs and open up. I see Raspberry, all decked out in her outfit. She's got a magenta-colored dress, a darker-colored top, light pink gloves, a beaded necklace, and some raspberry earrings. Raspberry blushes at the sight of me in my suit, while I try not to blush at her.

Raspberry: Y-your suit looks amazing on you...

Me: Well, how could it not? You made it.

Raspberry gives a shy smile as she holds her hands behind her back.

Raspberry: H-how do I look?

Okay... Be careful, Coconut... Say the right thing here...

Me: Beautiful.

THAT'S THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF THE RIGHT THING!

Raspberry loves that compliment berry much, and giggles a lot.

Raspberry: Thank you...

Great job, you idiot...

Then she realizes why she came over.

Raspberry: O-oh, uh, it's time for us to head to the ball.

I sigh at myself for cornering myself like that, but there's no time to worry, so I follow Raspberry to where the other girls are, waiting for us.

Plum: Come on, you slugs! There's a ball I spent so long organizing and I'm not missing it!

Orange: Need I remind that it wasn't just you?

Plum: Remind me on the dance floor, girl!

Orange rolls her eyes as we head to the ball, finally. Raspberry continues to talk to me.

Raspberry: I-I'm sorry if I'm acting weird around you lately...

Me: You shouldn't be the one to apologize, Raspberry. You're not weird at all.