PROLOGUE

I am asleep.

Well, I was asleep until I woke up. I feel that I am laying on some grass. Soft grass, I might add. I get up and look at my surroundings. I gasp with extreme horror at a strawberry twice my size and stumble back down. It's at this moment I realize where I am. It all makes sense. The luscious greenery, the ocean blue sky, the strawberries that are way larger than me, the creepy-looking insects fluttering above me... There's no other explanation.

I'm in Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures.

More specifically, the berry patch where normal strawberries grow, but since everyone in the Berry Bitty World is super small, the strawberries are gigantic. 

I should be freaking out like a mad man, but I'm more puzzled than anything. One minute, I'm in the middle of writing a Littlest Pet Shop fanfiction, and the next, I'm standing in Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures. I try to think back to how I ended up here, but my mind is totally blank. It's like I completely forgot that Earth existed. Only it can't be, because I'm remembering it right now.

I have no idea what's going on. But I do know I'm not dreaming, because I slapped my face about five times just to see if I am. Nope, I'm really here, and now that I know I'm really here, my confusion turns into excitement.

I look down at myself. I'm wearing the same clothes I always wear. A black zip-hoodie, with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows, black pants, and black socks. This is the type of clothing I wear all the time, and no, I'm not emo. It's freezing where I live, so wearing dark clothes helps with that. But this habitat is the warmest I've ever felt, so I take off the hoodie and tie it around my waist, revealing my simple black t-shirt that says "EL JEFE" in a fancy font. I know "el jefe" means "the boss", although I've never spoken a lick of Spanish in my life.

I take a deep sigh and think to myself about my current situation. This show is one of my favorites. I can't describe how wonderful of a show this is, but it's gotten me through some tough times, and it's one of the reasons I keep going... along with my cat. Just to make sure this isn't some fever dream, I walk over to a strawberry hanging from its stem. Like I said, it's twice my size, so I can't pull it off the stem, much less lift it.

I start to take a bite until I hear someone humming to themselves. I stumble away from my spot to a dirt road where I see a familiar Berrykin humming to themselves, pulling his cart of produce with the help of a pair of butterflies. I pump my fist as I speed over to the one and only Berrykin Bloom. 

Me: W-wait! Slow down, Berrykin Bloom!

He hears me and stops the cart.

Berrykin Bloom: Yes? Who said my name?

I catch up to Berrykin Bloom and wipe my forehead, because running so fast in such warm temperatures can cause me to break a sweat.

Me: That would be me!

Berrykin Bloom is a bit surprised to see me but still maintains his calm smile.

Berrykin Bloom: Oh, well, hello there, young man. I don't recall seeing you around here before.

Me: That's because I'm... new.

Berrykin Bloom: And what's your name?

Me: Dominic and, not to sound creepy, but I know exactly who you are.