The Night of the Festival

Princess Berrykin is racing her way back to Berry Bitty City, after just escaping the clutches of the wretched king. Her whole mission was a complete failure, but not because of King Vorthrax. Well, he did break her scepter and force her to jump off a gorge, but Princess Berrykin cannot get her mind off of that one word: DISCONTINUED.

Princess Berrykin: Discontinued...?! What does it mean...?! What twisted future awaits this precious world...?!

She senses Berry Bitty City is near, and uses her telepathy to bring her to higher ground. In the distance, she sees Berry Bitty City and sighs with great relief.

Princess Berrykin: Yes... 

She smirks with pride.

Princess Berrykin: That oaf wasn't enough to keep me away...

[SCREECH]

But the princess hears a familiar screech and hides inside a dead log. King Vorthrax stumbles across that same exact area, but is too focused, as he continues to snarl and claw at his eye, trying his hardest to get that stupid seed out.

King Vorthrax: I'll destroy that cheater...! I'm gonna make her pay...! Grrr...!

He claws and claws, but it's no use. Through a hole in the log, Princess Berrykin sees that King Vorthrax's right eye is scratched to oblivion. It's disgusting, but King Vorthrax doesn't care and keeps going... until he cackles.

King Vorthrax: Of course! OF COURSE! Why didn't I think of that before?! Why go for the seed... WHEN YOU CAN TAKE THE WHOLE DARN THING OUT?!

He reaches into his skull and snatches his mangled eye, growling viciously. Princess Berrykin gasps with horror and jolts her head away. First, she hears a demonic growl of utter agony, and the second, the sound of an eye being ripped from its socket. The princess shudders and trembles. This was something she had not prepared for.

King Vorthrax: [cackles] Look at me now! I'm a freakin' genius!

Princess Berrykin struggles to look through the log and finds a black hole where his eye used to be. She clutches her mouth and tries not to vomit. King Vorthrax cackles and roars into the upcoming night.

King Vorthrax: PRINCESS! I'M COMING FOR YOU! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!

Princess Berrykin holds herself and thinks about home.

Princess Berrykin: I'm almost there...! It'll be over soon...! I'm almost there...!

---

THE NIGHT OF THE FESTIVAL

----

On the night of the festival, there is a huge party. Everyone got all dressed up and everyone, including me, looks sensational, as Lemon would put it. The wanderberry is no more, mostly because Plum had way too much of it. I can't blame her though, because it is so juicy and refreshing. However, I've hidden some berries because I want to see if Strawberry knows how to bake any delicious wanderberry treats. That's another thing that hasn't left my brain. I'm so nervous. A part of me is saying to forget this whole thing, but another part is saying to man up and tell her. It's not going to get better if you chicken out.