Different Waltz for Different Faults

Inside the boutique, I see Raspberry sitting at her desk, waiting for me.

Raspberry: [smiles] Here.

She has a stool pulled up next to her, and I sit.

Me: Thanks. So, what should we do that'll cheer the princess up?

Raspberry: I don't know. Strawberry's usually so good when it comes to that sort of thing.

Me: I'm sure you've got some ideas.

Raspberry: And I'm sure you have even better ones...

Me: Don't say that. You're very bright, Raspberry.

Raspberry smiles with a slight blush.

Raspberry: You think so?

Me: Without a doubt.

Raspberry: Well... the thing I'm best at is making fashions. But I don't think a dress will fix everything.

Me: The important thing is that it comes from the heart.

Raspberry: Like... songs? Songs come from the heart.

Me: Oh, yeah, a song would be perfect. We should go with that. See? You are clever after all.

Raspberry hugs me, out of nowhere, and I feel the warmth of her cheeks against mine. She's enjoying this hug way more than she should.

Raspberry: Thank you...

Me: Uh... Don't worry about it, Raspberry.

She stares into my eyes in such a romantic way. I start feeling horrible again, because I know it's only a matter of time before I shut her down. Like I said, I don't want to. But you've seen the show, right? Raspberry and Lemon are made for each other.

Me: I say we should go to the cafe to see how the other girls are. They probably need some cheering up.

Raspberry: [giggles] You're so thoughtful... I like that about you, Dominic...

Ugh...

Me: Oh, really? Well, we can praise me even more at the cafe. Vamonos.

I get up, but Raspberry holds me back by my arm.

Raspberry: W-well... I was kind of hoping we could... spend some time together... just you and me.

And it gets better.

Me: Wh-what? Why?

Raspberry: This is the first time I've had you to myself since we met... and to tell you the truth... I needed this.

Me: I don't understand.

I understand just fine.

Raspberry: Please, Dominic. I'm not asking for much. Just... stay here with me?

Me: Raspberry, with everything that's been going on... W-we don't really have time to waste...