43

You didn't realize you had stayed in your room reading the journal, you didn't even go down for dinner and it was running close to 10pm as tears streamed down your cheeks at the entries you read back to back to back.

Your mother had ranted about her quirk, about the time she accidentally hurt your dad by using it and how she decided to store it away. She never really listed important advice on how to control it because she gave up, she didn't bother to train, she didn't bother to try to control it, she just stopped using it altogether.

All the stories she had written about it and it made you question why your dad never brought it up after all the times he had gotten calls about your quirk getting out of hand, maybe he was trying to protect your mom and her wishes about living a life without a quirk.

The depression had hit you like a tidal wave, your fingers going numb as you stopped, not bothering to turn to the next page because you weren't too sure if you wanted to continue.

The sudden knock on your door snapped you out of it though, making you swallow that lump in your throat, made your hands go back to normal as you shut the journal and stood from your seat to open up the door, your sad eyes connecting with a pair of red ones.

"Why didn't you come to dinner?" He questioned, stepping inside of your room with a plate full of food, not really letting you answer his question before he set it down on your desk, waiting for you to start eating.

"Um," You glanced at him then over at the clock on the bedside table, making you see the time and it sunk in that you lost track of the hours that flew by.

"Sorry, I was doing something."

"Like what?" He questioned, watching you take a seat back at your desk and you stared down at the food before grabbing the notebook and handing it off to him.

"I grew up knowing my mom didn't have a quirk, that she was normal and reading her journal, it told me her secret. That she actually possessed a quirk." He stared at you, not really seeing the big deal of finding out your mom lied about not having a quirk until he opened the journal and started to read.

"Lava quirk." He said, looking back up at you and then fumbled with the pages, running his eyes through each entry for at least 10 pages.

"So far, no way to tell me how she managed to control it. Only thing is that she said she didn't use it at all, she ignored it, held it in, acted as if it didn't exist."

"Well, not like you need that advice, right? You've been doing fine with the sessions with Aizawa."

"Sure but it'll be nice to be taught about it from my own mom, Bakugou." You huffed out a breath, taking the journal back and tossing it on the desk.

He stared at you for a couple of minutes, not really knowing how to be of some comfort, at least for that subject. He had a fairly normal childhood, at least that's what he thinks.

His hand had reached out, gently picking up your hand and rubbing soothing circles on the top of your hand, staying silent more because he was too busy thinking.

"Sorry, depressing topic. I found it when I went home and seeing that she had the quirk, I was hoping to get something out of it but all I've gotten is just sad stories about her time with it." You shrugged, taking your hand away from his and picked up the fork instead to take a few bites out of the food he had brought you.

"I get it." He nodded his head, leaning back against the wall your bed was sat up against, his arms crossing over his chest and his gaze staying on you.

"Midoriya came to talk to me, he's set on fixing things between Shoto." You broke the silence, deciding the change the subject even though it could possible make Katsuki more upset.

Bakugou cringed at the sound of both of their names, not liking either one but he definitely hated Shoto more than Deku.

"Why? Nothing to fix." He mumbled, rolling his eyes at the thought as the memories flooded of everything that's been happening. The fight, the tension, what Shoto had said to him then he started to think about what he had said to you after finding out you went on a date with him, making him grow sad but irritated.

"Going to have to talk about it eventually. All of us. I just don't know when that will be." You looked down at the sliver fork, a blurry reflection on yourself was in there.

"Don't have to, you just feel the need to solve everything."

"He was my best friend, Katsuki."

"Yeah, well, now he's a jealous prick because he wants what he can't have. Doesn't sound like a friend to me."

He was right but a small part of you hoped things would fix itself out, you hope Shoto would forgive and forget because deep down you missed the friendship you had especially when it was just you, Izuku and Shoto going to lunch after school, hanging out, walking home.

"I know, everything has been my fault since I got here."

"What? No, don't be stupid." He huffed dramatically, looking at your sad expression and he started to feel bad.

"If I didn't want to make you jealous, maybe this triangle wouldn't have happened. I should've left it alone, should've dealt with things on my own instead of always trying to make someone mad or get revenge." He hated the way you talked about you being to blame, a lot of things happened, some were his fault, some were Shoto's fault and some might have been yours but he wouldn't blame you for it.

He sighed out loud, thoughts running through his head. He thought about giving in, possibly apologizing to him for your own sake but god, he hated Shoto so much he wanted to bash his face over and over again until that rage inside of him subsided.

Bakugou was angry, the rage that filled his heart was set on destroying Todoroki but as he looked at your face, sad and emotionless, he softened up and started to feel the guilt replacing that anger instead. He didn't know if he could go through a sit down conversation with Shoto, he didn't know if both of them would agree to that but as you stared down at the plate of food, scraping the fork against the plate, he was starting to give in.

"If you really want to try... I guess I'll try for you but I can't promise anything." He mumbled, frustration written across his face as your eyes turned to look at him.

"I don't know, maybe. I'll talk to Izuku about it."

It was silent once more, your eyes back down at the plate as your thoughts ran wild. You thought about every little thing that has gone on in your life since it gone downhill a couple of years back.

"I've dealt with a lot of shit since my mom died. After that I started to not really care what happened, I didn't care if I ruined friendships, relationships with others or if I started picking fights. I was so angry at my dad for allowing that to happen, I was angry I couldn't do anything about it so I took it out on everyone. But now I'm just numb, can't feel that anger, can't feel that sadness just emptiness." You rambled, shaking your head at the past things you've done before you even came to UA, the people you hurt, the anger filling inside of you overfilled to the top and was spilling out.

"I get it." He understood all too well because he still feels that constant anger, constant rage that he can never seem to get rid of but deep down he questioned if he liked the feeling it gave him. He didn't bother to care about people or friendships, all he wanted was to focus on becoming the best hero he could and during that, he didn't realize it just made him more sad when he was alone.

Couldn't help the loneliness kicking in once he was in his bed, staring at the ceiling having really no one to talk to except his mom. He hated the quiet but he hated others more until he let you in and see him fully and more clearly, making him seem weak and vulnerable but deep down he trusted you in way you didn't know because he knew you understood the feeling. He knew that you understood him.