37

"I actually.. wanted to ask you something."

Katsuki continued to speak from beside you inside the kitchen but his voice was low, even if the rest of the students were feet away- he was still afraid someone might be able to hear him and hear the words that were about to slip out of his mouth.

Your eyes moved from the cereal to look up at him, the thoughts of Todoroki being in here just seconds earlier talking about something that would make Katsuki rage and tear this kitchen apart.

You couldn't understand why the thought of a triangle excited you. It was very toxic and manipulative to think about the thought of the pair fighting for some sort of attention from you, especially when you were too tired from fighting for an ounce of attention from Bakugou.

You were convinced that this would push him to want you and want something with you to the point where he'll confess in front of the whole campus. You wanted that, you craved that, you wanted to beg for it but obviously you weren't going to get your way so easily.

Was it extremely toxic to try to force it out of him with jealousy? With a broken heart? Would it pain him to see you with someone else? As much as he had broken your heart and left to alone to think about what you had done to deserve things like this, you couldn't help but go back and forth on whether or not he deserved to have a taste of his own medicine.

"Yeah?" You said quietly, the painful thoughts ringing inside of your head causing you to constantly zone in and out.

Bakugou had opened his mouth to speak, all he wanted was to simply ask you to have lunch with him today, maybe it could ease tension and it'll help ease his way into something so fresh and new for him but he wasn't too sure if he was ready for it.

He liked you, he hated to admit he likes you a lot but the idea of everyone knowing, the idea of people seeing him as weak or too vulnerable, it just didn't sit right with him. He couldn't go through with it, even after seeing you go on that date with Todoroki, he still couldn't man up and let it be known you were his.

He quickly shut his mouth, feeling stupid and not wanting to speak anymore about the subject of them two going out together and doing something... together.

"Nothing, forget about it." He was becoming distant again and you felt it. It started to linger over your head and the both of you hated the fact he would easily be so distant towards you.

"Oh." It started to kick in, the thoughts and the manipulation and the distance, and the pushing and the toxicity within this so called relationship.

He started to feel bad for sounding so bipolar but it was something he didn't know how to explain. How can someone so selfish and hot headed be so vulnerable and affectionate towards a girl he likes? It was nearly impossible.

And as he saw the sadness come across your face from his lack of communication, it made his heart pound inside of his chest, wanting to slap himself for being so harsh and so distant.

".. I just feel stupid." He admitted under his breath, making you barely hear what he said but you managed to make it out and connect the dots.

"Why? Do you want to go upstairs?" It hurt to know Bakugou was having such a hard time just to show his emotions and he made it even more difficult to just be more bold to have everyone know he likes you.

"I can't even ask you out to lunch, Y/N." The look of defeat on his face as your heart fluttered at his words about wanting to take you out to lunch.

"You want to go out to lunch today?" You practically asked for him and it made him feel somewhat better but still made him feel dumb because he couldn't do it himself.

"Well it isn't the same if you ask me." He grumbled underneath his breath and you rolled your eyes playfully, turning your full attention to him.

"Alright, I'll pretend as if I just walked into the kitchen annnnnd go." You went to the entrance of the kitchen, stepping back inside and went to the fridge to open it back up.

"Good morning, Katsuki. How did you sleep? What's on the to-do list today?" You started to say, making a scoff escape his lips at your lame attempt on acting.

"Oh my.." He started to say but you cleared your throat, encouraging him to play his part and he glared at you before groaning dramatically.

"I slept fine." He plainly said and you stared at him for what seemed like forever, waiting for him to continue on what he wanted to ask you.

He started to catch on, almost forgetting about it. His eyes went wide, nodding his head and crossed his arms over his chest as he tried to bottle up the courage again.

"Oh right, uh, Y/N.." He trialed off, making you nod and gesture for him to continue.

"This is fucking stupid, just have lunch with me." He gave up on the acting, shaking his head at his stupid this all really was to him.

"C'mon! You almost had it."

"I don't care just say yes and save us from this shit, please."

"Fine fine, we can go out for lunch.

.
.
.
.

Been busy, also been trying to figure out where this fanfic should lead to next 🤔 any spicy ideas? Any drama ideas? Is the love triangle thing a little too much? Is it annoying? I need answersssssss, I'm here to please and entertain YOU guys

Ty <333