17 | The Catalyst

Chapter 17: The Catalyst

AGENT MAV

MY PALE PALM collided with the cold, barren land of the South. I stood from bended knees as my eyes wandered around the place that was once known a paradise.

The South of Wesdale was the primary source of corn, wheat, grains, and rice. They had extensive raw food crops and small ponds stocked with milk fish, shrimp, lobsters, and other sorts of shellfish. This region was then full of greenery and represented a province in every way.

But as I arrived to conduct a surveillance, I found that one of the explosions that occurred while we were incapacitating Sev came from this location. The large and around 10 meter deep crater by the South's Central was enough evidence of a huge bombing that happened in the place.

Mahina akong napamura sa sarili. Those bastards were truly monsters! They'd do everything to get what they wanted! Pati ang kaligtasan ng mga inosenteng tao ay balewala lamang sa kanila basta ba'y makuha nila ang kung ano'ng ninanais nila!

Mabuti't nakalikas na ang lahat ng mga tao nang marating ko ang parteng 'to ng Wesdale. Wala na akong nadatnan ni isang nilalang na naglalakad at nagpakalat-kalat sa sentro, o baka mayroong mga naiwan at binawian din ng buhay dahil sa pagsabog.

I bit my lip and sighed. I hoped it was the former. We couldn't afford wasting innocent lives in the middle of this catastrophe.

Nasa kalagitnaan ako ng pagmamasid sa paligid nang tumunog ang aking earpiece. The static noise made me halt on my track, waiting for someone on the other end to speak.

"Mav! We got a situation here!" Sie's panting voice greeted me. "Where are you? Warplanes and combat aircrafts are circling around Central Wesdale's atmosphere. Kailangan namin kayo rito!"

My mouth gaped open upon hearing the news.

"Fuck," I cursed under my breath while preventing myself from becoming feral. "Warn the others, I'm on my way." Damn it! They're waging war against our country! This is getting out of hand!

Hindi na ako nag-aksaya pa ng oras at agad nilapitan ang mga kotseng nakaparada sa gilid ng kalsada. Naghahanap ako ng maaari kong gamitin upang makarating nang mas mabilis sa shudad.

I stopped before an armored car when I was able to open the driver seat's door. I smirked as soon as I noticed the keys in the ignition.

Mabilis akong sumakay at ipinaandar ang sasakyan. Although the vehicle's model was something to die for, I couldn't bring myself to admire its fascinating features. Ang isip ko'y nakatuon lamang sa kung ano na ang nangyayari agency. Thanks to Ebon, who taught me how to drive different types of vehicles when I was young, I had the expertise essential to handle these situations without difficulty.

May pakinabang din naman pala ang mga natutunan ko sa impyernong lugar na 'yon.

Napaismid ako nang maalala ulit ang ginawa nila kay Sev. I would never forgive them if anything happens to him.

Rage began to rise again within me, prompting me to step aggressively on the accelerator. It took me about fifteen minutes to arrive in Central Wesdale. Bungad pa lang ng lugar ay nahagip ko na sa itaas ang iilang nagliliparang sasakyang panghimpapawid. Lalo kong binilisan ang pagmamaneho at sinubukang paandarin ang radyo ng sasakyan.

"10 warcrafts and American helicopters were spotted flying above Wesdale's territory. This scene alarmed the Filipino citizens, building up turmoil in some corners of the country."

"Philippine President Helena Alfonso is reaching out to the American President to settle things privately and prevent an unforeseen war from happening."