13 | The Turbulence

Chapter 13: The Turbulence

AFTER LEARNING WHAT had just happened, General Vivor ordered the security team to rover around the agency's premises. In order to ensure the protection of the stones, she also added the guards securing the basement.

Ace came immediately after the deputy passed out. I could still see the surprised look on his face when he first noticed my glowing eyes. He had to carry me on his arms toward the headquarters' medical department because my body had weakened as a result of that incident. Actually, I didn't lose consciousness. The sudden surge of intense vigor in my body simply made me feel as though my energy level had dropped.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Orders were definitely worried . . . and mad.

"Jusko naman, Zai! Ba't hindi kayo humingi ng tulong sa 'min? Kaya pala hindi namin kayo mahagilap ni Ace dahil gumagawa na pala kayo ng kababalaghan!" Sie ranted while massaging her temples.

Napasimangot ako. Hindi naman isang kababalaghan ang ginawa namin. We just captured the agency's traitor for UCA's sake!

"You could've informed us if you didn't need our help para naman may back-up kayo kung sakaling may hindi magandang mangyari," Mav seconded and shot us a bored look. I smiled and gave her a peace sign. "At ikaw naman, Ace," baling nito sa lalakeng prenteng nakaupo sa couch dito sa room kung saan ako nagpapahinga, "isinama mo pa talaga si Zai sa mga gano'n? She's still adjusting, Ace. You could've considered her situati—"

"She's doing great, Mav. And she volunteered to help me. Plus, we were together when we heard the traitor in the basement. She was the only person who I could trust at that time," Ace casually replied without looking at our companions.

"Sus. Sabihin mo lang na gusto mong masolo si Zai. Nako, p're, delikado ka na—"

Sev's words trailed off when green mists surrounded his lips, shutting his mouth. He glared at Ace, but the latter only yawned and leaned his back on the couch.

Marami pang sinabi ang aking mga kasamahan, ngunit hindi ko na iyon napansin sapagkat nalunod na ako sa malalim na pag-iisip. Sumagi na naman kasi sa akin ang nangyari kanina.

I remembered how I felt a strange, yet warm feeling inside of me; how my body reacted to the colossal power within me; how I managed to put Deputy Bram under control; and how my eyes glistened in bright yellow.

That occurrence kept repeating in my eyes like a broken recorded video.

Hindi ko rin nakalimutan ang ginawang pangbabastos ng lalake sa akin. My trembling hands unconsciously stroke the part of my leg where he touched. I bit my lip, hard enough to suppress its quivering as I felt goosebumps again.

Hindi ko namalayang nanginginig na pala ako dahil sa takot at galit. It only dissipated when someone gently held my arm. The quick touch made me flinch, and if I hadn't known it was Ace, the unruly vigor in my body would have overpowered me again.

"You're shaking." His voice was filled with worry, yet I didn't dare to look at him in the eye, because once I did, I knew that the strength I was building to prevent myself from breaking down would easily flop.

I caught a glimpse of him sitting next to me on the bed. Inangat ko ang tingin sa kabuuan ng silid at nagtaka nang mapagtantong kami na lang palang dalawa ang naririto.

"Pinalabas ko sila para pagpahingahin ka," ani ng lalake nang mabasa ang aking ekspresiyon. I only nodded in response. Pumasok ulit sa aking isipan ang insidente kanina kaya mariin kong ipinikit muli ang mga mata. Please, stop. I needed peace, please.

"Hey, are you okay?" salita na naman nito nang mapansin ang pagkabalisa ko. I wanted to tell him everything and express my dissatisfaction with what had just transpired, but I restrained myself. Despite how much I wanted to, I had to contain my feelings. Alam ko ang kakayahan ng lalake, at ayaw kong gumawa ito ng gulo sa oras na malaman niya ang ginawang pangmomolestiya sa akin ng deputy.