4 | The Reality

Chapter 4: The Reality

IN FANTASY MOVIES, we could absolutely say that possessing magical powers and heroic abilities were cool and fantastic!

People would always dream about having one and what would it like to become heroes, clearly drowned in their fancies and imaginations, oblivious to the responsibility that comes with partaking in the supernatural aspects of life.

Unluckily, I was born to feel the opposite.

I never treated this ability as a curse that brought and gave misfortune to my life, nor a power that I could use to rise me up from my hardships, because I never believed in those. I believed that everything happened as it was supposed to—in accordance with how we shaped and molded our lives. As a result, I learnt to live with this difference as if it was a natural part of me.

Fortunately, society had never deemed us monsters because they have no idea what we were capable of, and I have no intention of telling them.

All my life, I thought that I my existence was just a conundrum in this world. A glitch, perhaps. Kaya wala akong balak at hindi ko rin gugustuhing may makaaalam sa mga nakakaya naming gawin. Knowing people nowadays, they feed on greed for money and lust for power.

However, after knowing that there were also people out there who were like us, I didn't know what to say and feel. It was . . . overwhelming.

Years ago, I yearned for solutions to my peculiarity. I waited and waited, till my patience finally gave out when nothing and no one came to answer my questions and clarify my confusions.

But after years, I never anticipated for it to finally come—the answer to my existence.

"Ayos na ba ang mga gamit mo?" Chase came into my room to check on me. I didn't say a word. I was buried in my thoughts, debating whether or not what we were about to do was right.

Moments passed, a hand waved right in front of my face, enough to disturb and irritate the hell out of me.

"What?" I questioned, glaring at him.

He instantly avoided my gaze and pouted. "Ano na naman ba'ng nakain mo't palagi ka na lang galit? Kanina'y para kang binagsakan ng langit at lupa katititig sa kawalan, ngayon naman ay nagagalit na. Ang moody mo masiyado. Mayro'n ka ba ngayon?"

I shut my eyes close and released a breath to ease my emotions. Hangga't maaari ay ayaw ko munang patulan ang lalake. Everything was surprising, and my system's still processing and digesting all the information that we've recently discovered.

I don't know if I should or should not believe what the agency have said, but nothing could explain our abilities except for the fact that we were what they've been telling us since yesterday!

I massaged the bridge of my nose and pointed at the direction where my valises were positioned.

"Carry my bags, please. And buy me Doritos. I need one," utos ko sa lalake na kaagad sumigla ang mukha at tumalima. "Libre mo," I added, which made him stop.

"Seryoso ka? Ikaw itong may isandaang libo tapos ako pa ang manglilibre?" he complained. "Maawa ka naman sa isandaang pisong savings ko, Zai!"

Hindi ko siya pinansin kaya maktol ito nang maktol habang papalabas ng kuwarto. I chuckled when he finally left. Ang saya lang na asarin ang isang 'yon.

Inayos ko na ang aking mga gamit at iniligpit ang mga ito sa loob ng isang malinis at bakanteng aparador. I clasped my hands and pursed my lips as I wandered my vision around my room for the last time.