15 | The Crasher

Chapter 15: The Crasher

KINAUMAGAHAN, HABANG NAGHAHANDA sa mga posibleng mangyari sa mga darating na araw, binulabog kaming lahat ng malakas na pagtunog ng alarmang umalingawngaw sa buong headquarters.

When we were about to assume it was an enemy, Rory's voice resounded against the alarms, and the enormous LED screen suddenly illuminated.

"The basement's security has been breached! Vigor was detected from Master Sev's Order. Intruder alert!"

My face painted in horror as I stared at the image being flashed on the screen. Nagkatinginan kaming lahat at walang pasabing tinakbo ang daan patungo sa emergency elevator. Sie vanished from our line of sight at once, reappeared beside the stairway, and then vanished entirely. Chase was gone, too. A gush of wind was what he left before utilizing all of his strength to advance quickly toward the stairway.

Kasabay ko namang pumasok sa elevator ay sina Ace at Mav. The guy encoded something on the numerical pin encrypted on the elevator's glass wall.

"Hang on." He turned to us, and in just a matter of seconds, the elevator moved rapidly downwards. With the ineffable speed, it only took us twenty seconds to reach the basement from the ninetieth floor.

Himala nga't nagawa kong masikmura ang hindi kanais-nais na bilis ng aming sinakyan. My head was spinning and a queasy sensation started to build up in my stomach. But as soon as my eyes laid on the tumultuous environment of the basement, all those terrible emotions dissipated. Napahinto kaming tatlo sa pagtakbo nang masilayan si Sev na napaliligiran na ng asul na hamog. Thick blue mists coated his arms and hands, and tiny lightning bolts were evidently cascading down his flesh.

In an attempt to prevent him from destroying the volt that housed the other Order Stones, both Sie and Chase were on his side. Unfortunately, the guy's vigor wasn't just as what we've perceived.

"Sie!" I cursed under my breath as Sev only flicked his finger, but already sent the girl flying away from him. Mabilis namang naglaho si Ace sa aking gilid at bago pa man tumama ang babae sa matigas na pader, nagawa na niya itong saluhin mula sa peligro.

"Damn it!" Mav hissed as her eyes flashed in blazing scarlet. Red mists began to emanate from her body as soon as she clasped her palm. Her figure seemed to jitter, and I wasn't sure whether it was simply me toying with my eyes, because in the span of a single blink, a couple of Mavs were already dispersed all over the basement.

I was unable to identify and locate the real Mav. This was, by far, the first time that I had ever seen her using her cloning ability. And I could say that she's amazing! Yet, quite creepy.

"Stop. Save your energies."

A loud snap echoed through the place, and my body felt the same old sensation once again. The time gap.

Kaagad na naglaho ang maraming Mav's na nakakalat sa paligid. The real Mav looked pissed, perhaps because Ace interrupted her anticipated fight. Halos mawalan naman ako ng balanse nang maramdaman ang mabibigat na kamay ni Chase sa aking balikat. He was panting hard with beads of sweat covering his forehead.

"Punyetang Sev. Hindi man lang ako binigyan ng pagkakataong masuntok ang kaniyang panget na mukha," bulalas nito't napapalatak pa. I scowled and hastily jabbed him in the stomach.

He grunted in pain. "Problema mo?"

Hindi ko siya pinansin at inalalayan na lang si Sie na paparating at nakasimangot din. "Ang lakas ng ugok!" she loudly whispered. "Nagawa pa akong ibalibag sa pader. Na-s-stress na ang beauty ko sa kaniya!"

I fixed my troubled gaze on Sev, who was idly glancing our way. Mav said that he was resting in his room this morning, which was why he haven't join us when we were making preparations. After that, this happened.