Prologue

(Warning, blood, and gore)

-Kamado house-

The story begins with a Tanjiro holding a basket full of charcoal and Nezuko helping him carried them.

???: "Tanjiro, Nezuko."

Tanjiro and Nezuko turn and see their mother, Kei calling them.

Kei: "Your faces are covered in soot. Let me clean both of you up."

Their mother wipes the two with her handkerchief.

Kei: "You know, you two don't really have to go. All this snow cloud is dangerous. And besides, Izuku can take the basket down to the village." Worried about her children.

Tanjiro: "Is fine mom, we wanted to have a good new year's celebration where everyone can eat as much as they want. And besides, Izuku broke his leg after protecting Takeo from the log incident."

Nezuko: "So I'll help Onii-chan in Izuku's place."

Kei: "How thoughtful." Smiles

???: "Onii-chan, Nee-sen."

Two younger children came running up to Tanjiro and Nezuko.

Shigeru: "Are both of you going to town again today?"

Hanako: "I'm coming with you!" Determine.

Kei: "No you're not. You know can't walk as fast as your older sibling can, sweetie."

Shigeru: "Aw, come on mom!"

Kei: "No way. They are not going to be able to use the cart today, which means both Tanjiro and Nezuko can't give you a ride when get tired."

Both of the young ones made pouty faces.

Shigeru: "But I wanna go!"

Hanako: "Me too!"

They both hug their older siblings.

???: "Your mother is right; they need to sell charcoal so everyone in town can enjoy the new year."

All six of them turn and see a green hair boy carrying their youngest siblings sleeping on his back behind the house.

Everyone: "Izuku/Onii-chan/Nii-sen!"

Tanjiro: "Nii-sen is right, but we'll bring some goodies for you Shigeru."

Shigeru: "Really? Cool!" Excited

Izuku: "Hanako, I'll read you a bedtime story tonight."

Hanako: "Kay." Happy.

Nezuko: "Good girl."

Kei: "Thank you two for doing this."

Tanjiro/Nezuko: "Course."

Tanjiro and Nezuko grab the basket.

Nezuko: "Time for us to head out."

Tanjiro: "Right. *Looks at Takeo* Takeo, can you do me a favor by chopping wood when we're gone?"

Takeo: "Yeah, I was already gonna do that anyway. But was kinda hoping we'd do that together." Makes a pout face.

Izuku: "Don't worry Takeo, I'll help chopping the woods with you." Patting Takeo's head.

Takeo: "Knock it off, would you?!"

Shigeru: "Haha, your blushing Take!" Teasing.

Takeo: "Shut up, you brat!"

Tanjiro/Izuku: "There, there, now." Patting Takeo's head at the same time.

Takeo: "I told you guys to cut it out! GHA!"