Chapter 91: Rescue

Meanwhile at the arena, Hajime, Tio, and Ms. Aiko arrived through the portal. When Zane does not follow them, Ms. Aiko gets a little worried. She says, "Zane did not come with us."

"I am sure he is fine. Just focus on staying alive for right now," Hajime states.

Hajime then turns his attention to the large number of human soldiers that are fighting against Yue and Shea. Based on the number of them, Hajime is guessing that most of the Kingdom's army is here at this point. However, he does not really care. They are in his way so he plans on eliminating them.

When he arrives, Hajime quickly pulls out a machine gun. He then shouts, "Duck."

Without questioning why, Shea and Yue both duck. Moments later a flurry of shots are fired from Hajime's machine gun. As a result of this, the entire enemy force that was blocking their path is torn to shreds Not a single one of them is left standing after Hajime is done firing his machine gun.

Now that the road block is cleared, Yue and Shea run up to Hajime. Shea states, "Thank goodness you are alright."

"I am fine," Hajime says. He then says, "You said that Shizuku and Kaori were in this direction."

Yue replies, "We believe they are in the arena."

"Let's go find out," Hajime says. He then walks with the four girls towards the entrance to the arena.

Inside of the arena, the Divine Priestess Isis is in the process of forming a magic circle to teleport all of the students as well as herself and the Pope out of the Capital. She is doing it this way rather than using a portal because she does not possess enough mana to hold a portal open long enough for everyone to get to the destination she has in mind.

Hajime walks into the arena and sees the group of students. He asks, "What is going on here?" He then spots Shizuku and Kaori and says, "What did you do to them?"

The Pope declares, "We are merely going to give them the medical treatment they need to reverse the impact that pactmaster has had on them."

"Yeah, right," Hajime states. He then says, "I suggest you hand them over now. Unless you would like to join the rest of the army that is dead outside."

Kouki says, "Nagumo, we are just going to help them. Kaori and Shizuku are sick. They need medical attention. The Divine Priestess is going to give them aid, but because of the army outside it is not safe for her to do that here."

At this point Isis states, "It is pointless to negotiate with them. After all, they are working with the pactmaster to see this entire world be brought to ruin."

"That is not possible!" Yuka shouts.

Hajime says, "I don't really care what you think I am, or am not doing. Just hand them over, or die."

When no motion is made by the two soldiers that are holding Shizuku and Kaori to hand them over. Hajime pulls out his hand gun. He then aims it right at the Pope and says, "You have five seconds to hand them over or the Pope dies."

Right at this point a massive barrier forms around the entire group of students. The Pope then says, "Good luck doing that. I have just put up a barrier that will keep all of us safe from you. I am sure you can bring it down if you try, but not without killing your friends inside."

"So you are the one that put up the barrier at the Church," Ms. Aiko says. She then states, "Students please listen. The Church is deceiving all of you. Ehit is not a good god like they say. He is the one that is causing the whole war."

Kouki replies, "Ms. Aiko, I guess that the treatment did not work all the way."

"What are you talking about?" Ms. Aiko asks.