Chapter 64: Great Reisen Labyrinth

Zane, Luna, as well as several of Zane's monsters make their way into the cave that one of the now dead demons claimed held the entrance to the labyrinth. It does not take Zane very long to locate a sign that signals the entrance of the labyrinth. When he sees this Zane says to Luna, "Alright we are going to head in. Be careful as these places can be pretty dangerous."

At this point a female voice says in a cutesy way, "Welcome to my labyrinth. I am the great Miledi Reisen. I hope that you will have a good time playing in my labyrinth. I know that you are going to have a super duper fun time here."

"What was that voice just now?" Luna asks.

"Just ignore it. Stay focused, or you could die," Zane replies.

"Have you been in one of the Great Labyrinths before?" Luna asks.

Zane replies, "Yeah. This is the third one for me. I managed to clear the other two, but neither had what I am looking for."

"What are you looking for?" Luna asks.

"Something to help me get even stronger," Zane replies. Then before Luna has the chance to ask any other questions, Zane starts looking for the entrance to the Great Reisen Labyrinth. Luna follows right behind him. The entire group keeps looking for how to get into the labyrinth. Eventually, Luna finds a revolving door. One Luna has found this, the entire group goes inside, with Luna going first.

Once inside of the labyrinth, Luna runs a few steps ahead of the rest of the group. She says, "So this is what it looks like in a Great Labyrinth. My dad told me a little about them, but I never thought I would see the inside of one for myself."

"Just be careful," Zane says.

Moments after Zane has said this, he hears a clicking sound. Thinking that Luna just sprung a trap, he dashes forward and grabs at her to pull her back. He ends up grabbing her by the tail and pulling her back right as a ton of spikes shoot out of a wall. Several of them fly right past Luna's face.

Miledi's voice then states, "Oh, looks like you dodged that trap. I bet that scared you really badly though. Do try not to wet yourself like that last group that came in."

After this incident Zane says, "I told you to be careful. You activated a trap."

Luna does not respond at first when Zane says this. This makes him wonder if she is alright. He looks down at her to see if she is alright. She has a stunned look on her face. This prompts Zane to ask, "Are you alright?"

"I cannot believe you just grabbed my tail!" Luna shouts.

Zane says, "It was the first thing that I could reach. Sorry if I hurt you."

Luna states, "It is incredibly rude to touch the tail of a wolfman like that. The only people that are supposed to touch it are close relatives and lovers."

"I said I was sorry. I think that me doing that was still better than letting you get skewered by those spikes," Zane comments.

Luna sighs and says, "I guess it is fine. I understand why you did it. Just please don't do it again."

"Alright I won't," Zane says. Once Zane has said this, he then states, "We need to come up with a way to avoid traps. I am sure that they are all over in this labyrinth."

At this point, Zane's imperial bat states in Zane's mind, "I can handle that. All of the traps are going to have to be non-magic based. That means there will be some mechanism that activates them. I can use echolocation to spot it and guide you through."

Zane replies, "Alright do that. That will make it so we won't spring any traps."

With this now decided, the imperial bat flies ahead of the group. It then directs Zane on where to step to avoid setting off the same trap that Luna just activated. Zane sees this and says to Luna, "Follow exactly where I step."