Chapter 50: Unexpected Reunion

Zane heads directly from the Adventurer's Guild to the Water Spirit Inn. When he arrives there, he opens the door. No sooner has he done this than Mrs. Seluo spots him. Seeing Zane she gleefully says, "It is nice to see you again. I was starting to worry you weren't going to come back here."

"Why would you think that?" Zane asks.

"Well Ur has fallen on hard times since you left. We have not been able to provide for ourselves like we used to. I was worried that you would not want to come back because of that," Mrs. Seluo states.

Zane comments, "I take it that it is because of the monsters up in the Northern Mountain Range near here."

"So you have already heard about that then," Mrs. Seluo comments. She then adds, "Some adventurers were sent to go and take care of the monsters. However, they have been missing ever since. Some other adventurers just got here and are going to head out to look for them tomorrow."

"That is actually why I am here. The Adventurer's Guild wanted me to go with them on the trip tomorrow in case there are any injured survivors," Zane states.

"Well if you are going, then I know that they will be in good hands," Mrs. Seluo states.

"I am not so sure about that. I may be a pretty good healer, but in combat I am not all that special," Zane comments.

Mrs. Seluo says, "That is hardly true. I have heard a number of rumors about you being pretty skilled with a blade as well." She then says, "You can find the adventurers that are going in the back. They are hard to miss since there is a rabbitman with them."

Hearing this, Zane looks to the back of the inn's dining hall. When he does, Zane immediately spots the table that she is talking about. It is hard to miss since there is a girl with rabbit ears sitting at the table. This is not what really draws his attention though. Rather he finds that there is a curtained off area in the back by the table with the rabbitman.

Seeing this Zane asks, "What is with the curtain back there? Normally that isn't there."

"Oh, well you see some of the Hero's Party is here right now. Them and some of the Templar Knights are escorting someone by the name of Aiko Hatayama around the Kingdom to help places that are struggling agricultural-wise. They have been helping with our rice farms" Mrs. Seluo states.

"Is that so?" Zane comments to himself. He then starts to head back towards the table with the rabbitman sitting at it.

As Zane nears the table he hears the rabbitman say, "Aw, Yue are you listening to this. He is being so mean to me."

The blonde girl then says, "Bad boy, Hajime."

The white haired man then says, "Yeah, yeah."

At this point, the curtain that is in the back of the dining room opens up. Out from behind it comes Mrs. Hatayama. She looks around the room as if she is trying to find the source of the voice she just heard. She sees Zane and those sitting at the table, but does not seem to recognize any of them.

She walks up to the table with the rabbitman, the blonde girl, and the white-haired man sitting at it. Once at this table she then looks at the white-haired man closely. She then says, "Nagumo."

The white-haired man then says with surprise in his voice as he looks up at the woman, "Ms. Aiko."

Mrs. Hatayama then says excitedly, "Aw. It is you. It really is you, isn't it." At this point she starts to cry and says tearfully, "I am so glad that you are alive."

The white-haired man then stands up from the table and says, "Nope, you have got the wrong guy." He then begins to walk away and says, "Bye," as he waves at her.