Chapter 10: Urdea Lake

Upon arriving at the Adventurer's Guild, Zane submits proof he completed his delivery job. He then walks over to the quest board and looks to see if there are any quests that he is eligible to do. Most of the quests that he sees are either in places that he has never heard of, or are for higher ranking adventurers. Despite this Zane does finally find the perfect job for him, after looking through many of the jobs on the board.

This specific quest is to find a necklace that was left on the far side of Urdea Lake. According to the request, a woman in Ur went on a boating trip with her husband and accidentally lost her necklace on the far side of the lake. Due to work she does not have time to go and get it herself, so she has asked for an adventurer to get it for her.

Zane takes this request and goes up to the counter to accept it. At the counter the man working behind it, has Zane fill out a form saying that he will be taking the quest. Zane is then sent to go and see the client, who lives in Ur to get more details about the quest.

At this point Zane heads to a small house in the town of Ur. Upon arriving at the house, he knocks on the door. A young boy answers the door. At this point Zane says, "I am an adventurer who is supposed to help find a missing necklace. I am guessing it is your mom's necklace. Does she happen to be home?"

"No," the boy replies. He then says, "She is at work. She told me to give someone that is looking for the necklace this piece of paper though." At this point the young boy grabs a paper that is sitting on a table next to the door. He hands Zane the paper and then closes the door.

Receiving this paper, Zane reads from it, "My necklace is a simple gold chain with a gold locket on the end. It is very precious to me, so I really would like it back as soon as possible. I lost it on the east coast of Urdea Lake, so that is probably where you will find it. Please come back at night, when I am off work, to return it directly to me when you do find it."

After reading this, Zane figures that he may as well head over to Urdea Lake. For this reason, he heads to the east side of the town, which is where the Water Spirit's Inn is located. The inn is actually right on the side of the lake. When he went to the inn before, Zane noticed a dock with boats in it. He is hoping to use one of these to cross the lake.

When Zane reaches the docks, he finds that Mrs. Seluo is out at the docks. She spots Zane as he is approaching and walks over to him. She says, "What are you doing here Zane? I thought you had a job to do."

"I am actually on a job right now. I need to go and get a necklace that was lost on the east side of Urdea Lake. I figured renting a boat would be the fastest way to get over to that side of the lake," Zane explains.

"If that is the case, I think I can help you out. I am a friend of the owner of this dock. I bet he would be willing to let you use a boat for free for something like that," Mrs. Seluo states.

"That would be helpful," Zane comments.

Mrs. Seluo says, "Great, let's go explain the situation to him." At this point, she walks over to a small structure with an opening in it.

As Zane nears this structure he finds that there is a man sitting inside of it. This man greets Mrs. Seluo as she approaches. Then he talks to Mrs. Seluo about Zane renting a boat. The two only talk for several seconds before Mrs. Seluo comes over to Zane and says, "He agreed to let you use a boat for free. Just don't damage it."

"I won't," Zane replies loud enough for the dock owner to hear him. Then he walks over to a boat that is docked.

Zane unties the string that is holding the boat to the dock. He then climbs in and pushes off of the dock. Once he has done this, Zane starts to paddle the boat away from the town of Ur. His plan is to make it across the lake, and then look along the far side of the lake for the gold necklace.