Chapter 41: Emergency Request

Right after Zane arrives at the building where he told everyone to hide during the Raiju attack, he makes sure that no one is injured. A few people have minor injuries that he helps take care of. By the time that he is done doing this, the other adventures have arrived at the building.

As he comes into the building Jack states, "So this is where you were? You know we could have used your help out there."

"I am sorry about that. However, given my combat skills I felt that I would be able to do more good rescuing people than fighting the monster," Zane says.

"He just didn't want to get in the way of the great Bladelord. I can respect that. Unlike some people, who enjoy getting in my way," Abel declares.

Cain says, "It doesn't matter now what he did. We should go and collect our pay and then get out of here." He then adds, "We are supposed to go and pick it up at the Adventurer's Guild here in town."

"I agree. We have a long trip back to Ur, so we should take care of this quickly. Then we can be on our way back to Ur," Jack states.

With this discussed, the group all leaves the building. They then make their way towards the Adventurer's Guild in the town. This building is a solid stone building just like most of the other buildings in Solomon Town. The only real difference is that it has a wooden sign out front that labels it as the Adventurer's Guild.

Upon getting there, the group of adventurers finds that there are many other adventurers in the guildhall. The whole guildhall is crowded to the point that it is not possible for Zane and the others to see past everyone. Zane is curious as to why so many people are in the guildhall right after the Raiju attack. His first guess is that they came here to seek refuge from the monster.

Seeing all of them, Abel fights through the crowd to get to the front of the guildhall. He finds that the branch chief is busy discussing payment for something with all of these people. From what Abel can tell the branch chief seems to be trying to hire all of the adventurers in town for some type of job.

Abel overhears the branch chief state, "Any adventurers that are willing to go will be paid 100,000 luta each. I realize that for some of you this is not enough. However, this job is a special request from the king himself, so I ask you to please consider it."

Hearing this Abel loudly asks, "What is this all about?"

The branch chief looks towards Abel and says, "I guess you have not heard the news. Apparently the King of Heiligh wants the aid of the Adventurer's Guild to combat the demons in the southwestern portion of the Kingdom. We are trying to gather people to do just that. All these adventurers just got here. They were given a job to help take out the Raiju. As they just arrived, and are too late to do that, I thought they could use another job. So I figured I would offer them this job instead."

Abel states, "Well 100,000 luta is a little low for the Bladelord. If you can increase the amount then I would be willing to help though."

"I am sorry, but 100,000 is the amount that the King promised to pay each adventurer," the branch chief states.

"Really. He cannot do any better than that to hire one of the best adventurers that is around," Abel says. He then comments, "I guess that the King is being a cheapskate and does not care about his people."

At this point another adventurer says, "I am willing to give up my 100,000 and not go. Just put me down as doing the job. Then give the 100,000 that I would be paid to the Bladelord along with his 100,000."

Hearing this Abel states, "Getting 200,000 luta for the job sounds reasonable. If you are willing to do that, then I am in."

The branch chief sighs before saying, "Fine. Having a gold rank adventurer go should make up for this blue rank not going. To be honest anyone that is below black rank really should not be going on a dangerous mission like this one. However, the King said to allow anyone to go."