Chapter 86: Reunion with Kouki

Meanwhile, as Zane is busy taking care of the monsters that are invading the Capital, Shizuku, Kaori, and Liliana make their way further into the castle. The plan is for them to go and meet with Kouki and the other students. As such, they are headed to the rooms where the members of the Hero's Party have been staying in the castle since they first arrived.

It takes them only a few minutes to reach the area. During the entire trip there, the group does not see a single guard. Liliana finds this to be very unsettling. She says, "Where are all of the guards?"

"I am sure they are out fighting against the demons right now," Kaori says.

Shizuku replies, "Even if that is true, I have to admit it is odd that we have not seen a single soldier the entire time we have been in the castle."

"The palace guard should be here even if all of the others are busy defending the Capital. Also it is strange that we have not seen any soldiers rushing to the battlefield outside," Liliana says.

Kaori states, "For now we just need to focus on meeting up with Kouki. I bet that it is just a coincidence that we have not seen any soldiers so far."

"I guess that is possible," Liliana comments.

When the three girls reach the wing of the castle where the Hero's Party stays, they go to Kouki's room. When they get there Shizuku knocks on the door. It takes several moments for the door to open. When it finally does, Kouki is on the other side wearing his pajamas.

When Kouki sees Shizuku and Kaori he states, "No way. You actually got away."

"Got away?" Shizuku asks.

Kouki says, "You know from that pactmaster who kidnapped you. I have been worried sick ever since then. I requested for the King to send me to go and save you. He told me that he had as many men as he could already on the case. When there was no news I feared the worst."

"Hang on. You think we were kidnapped?" Kaori asks.

"Well of course," Kouki replies. He then says, "Is that not what happened?"

Shizuku says, "Of course not. Nagumo came and talked to us. He asked us to do something for him, which is why we left. Suzu and Taeko both knew that we were leaving. I figured they would have explained the situation to you."

"Both of them did mention something like that. That made no sense though. Then we were told by the Divine Priestess that Ehit gave a revelation to her that you were kidnapped by a pactmaster," Kouki states.

"That is not what happened at all," Kaori declares.

At this point Ryutarou peaks his head out of the door. He then says, "Remember what we were told, Kouki. All that matters is that they are back."

"What were you told?" Shizuku asks.

"That is not important," Kouki replies. He then says, "Anyway it is the middle of the night. Did you just wake me up to let me know that you were back?"

Shizuku replies, "No. Didn't you hear the loud bang a little while ago?"

"Oh right. Do you know what that sound was? It sounded like something shattered."

"It was the barrier that protects the castle, breaking," Liliana replies.

"Are you serious?" Ryutarou asks.

"Yes," Shizuku replies. She then says, "We will explain everything. But first I think we should wake everyone else up so that we can explain it to all of you at once."

At this point, the five of them go around the castle and wake everyone up. Each of the members of the Hero's Party are happy to see Kaori and Shizuku are back. They are both asked a ton of questions by everyone as they are waking everyone up. Both of them just say that they will explain it all later.