Chapter 60: Saving Classmates

Kousake leads Hajime, Yue, Shea, and Zane to the entrance to the Great Orcus Labyrinth. Once they are inside of the labyrinth, they move towards a portal. This portal teleports the group down to the 50th floor. Kousake explains there was a portal that went down to the 70th floor, but he had to break it in his escape. As such they will have to go from floor 50th to the 89th floor on foot.

As they are rushing to keep going down to the floor where all of the Hero's Party members are supposed to be, Zane notes that there are no monsters around. He finds this to be rather odd, since he assumed that the labyrinth was full of monsters. His only guess is that they were cleared out by the Hero's Party as they were going down.

Eventually the group reaches the 65th floor. A giant monster appears as soon as they step onto a walkway. Hajime shoots and kills this monster with a single shot. Zane happens to notice that Kousake is visibly stunned by this. This makes Zane guess that the Hero's Party had a hard time with that monster.

Now that they are on the 65th floor, Hajime says, "It is going to take too long for us to walk the rest of the way."

"We don't have much of a choice," Zane comments.

"Sure we do," Hajime states. He then pulls out his pile bunker. Hajime points this weapon at the floor and blows a hole in it. The hole extends all the way to the eighty-eighth floor of the labyrinth. The group all jumps down into the hole.

Upon reaching the eighty-eighth floor, Hajime is about to use the pile bunker again. Before he does Zane says, "I am not sure that is a good idea. It is possible that you could hit one of our classmates with it."

"That is their problem," Hajime declares as he blasts a hole into the ground of the eighty-eighth floor.

When the dust from this attack has cleared, Zane sees that the spike from the pile bunker has stabbed directly into two monsters that were down below. It is only about a meter away from Shizuku and Kaori.

Down below most of the Hero's Party as well as a collapsed Meld Loggins are all huddled against a wall. Shizuku and Kaori are the only ones separated from the group. Based on the pool of blood right in front of Shizuku, Zane is guessing that she just vomited blood a few seconds before.

The forming of this hole, has gained the attention of the people as well as the demon and monsters that are on the eighty-ninth floor. Hajime drops down to this floor right in front of Kaori.

Upon reaching the floor, Hajime looks around at everyone that is down there. He sees Shizuku and Kaori next to each other and comments, "I see that you two are still good friends. Good for you."

At this point Kaori shouts, "That's Hajime!"

Shizuku says, "Wait, you can't be serious. Uh. Hold on. I don't understand how... This is just insane. I can't believe you are standing there. No, really. What is going on?"

"Calm down. You are supposed to be the cool and collected one. Remember?" Hajime says.

At this point, Yue falls into Hajime's arms. He catches her. She then puts up a barrier that the others bounce off of as they come down to the ground. Shea and Zane follow down to the ground gracefully. Kousake on the other hand lands on his face after hitting the barrier.

Upon landing Kousake says, "Hey guys. I brought us some help from the surface."

This prompts several of the students to say, "It is Endou."

At this point Hajime starts to notice the monsters that are around the area. He says, "Yue, you are on guard duty. Keep the others safe. Shea, you get over there and check on those fallen knights. "