𝟒𝟏

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
THE AWAKENING
SECOND PERSON
Y/N L/N

THE HEART OF THE BACHELOR'S KISS. That is what it was called. The heart is the driving force behind the decision to start a fire and end the world. Nothing endured without end. But you knew deep down that it remained with you always.

Everybody has a heart from birth. The head is a fool in life because of the heart. But you would still be quite curious about what was inside of you. Or were you bred to start fires? or destined to alter history?

Being a human means being like this. The hardest war fought from the heart is maintaining human dignity in a world where evil reigns supreme. There are only so many things a human can accomplish, but death may be the greatest blessing of them.

If they are successful in loving the space between them that allows one to view the other whole against the sky, a magnificent living side by side can develop once the knowledge that even between the closest human beings boundless distances continue.

But what were your thoughts?

Nothing could be heard—Nothing but the heartbeat of a new beginning could be heard—A golden heart that beats. The soil that filled your sight was completely dark. You lay in the dark, naked, for what seemed like an eternity.

In the darkness. However, all you could hear was your heartbeat. Maybe something was going on. What then? What had you allowed yourself to release? What may have happened if you had been able to switch yourself?

It was freezing. When you first opened your eyes, nothing was there. You desired to turn around. You needed to. Your body felt frail, yet it also seemed to be changing in some way. A tiny bit more...

"Y/n, wake up." Something was spoken. "You still have work to do here on earth, after all. You haven't finished."

Then your eyes were suddenly overwhelmed with light. All you could make out was a bright white light, but that would soon disappear. The light wave started to slowly fade away. But you can hear the screaming and shouting in the background as it finally came to an end.

However, you didn't come to again quickly enough. It moved slowly. You were immobile. Your entire body felt like it was on pins and needles. Your body was dozing off. Had you not yet finished?

As you lay there cognizant but immobile, you could still hear the sounds smashing into your ears. The chuckles that were directly above you can still be heard.

All those intense memories and sensations of being a part of your own body were fleeting. Although it barely lasted a minute, it seemed like an eternity.

You were oblivious to the fact that your body was not responding to you. The entire body is under brain control. But you're right.

Use your heart.

Then your eyes suddenly opened. Both the fighting crowd and light were visible and audible. You immediately conjured up the name Giorno. Where did he go? Was he injured? Is everybody alright?

Your body hobbled up as you stood slowly. You couldn't stand up even though you didn't feel weak or hurt. Your eyes expanded as you made a slow, distant statement.

King Cryus was being fought by Giorno. His airborne golden hair moved. He had the appearance of a Greek god. However, you could see the raging rage in his green eyes. the teal eyes that used to easily glare at you.

But no, you inclined. You didn't want him to be killed by Giorno. You needed to. Giorno's assaults continued hitting him in the body, so you knew he couldn't kill him. Your heart had been telling you that. As you made your way through the crowd, you exhaled deeply.