𝟏𝟓

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
BURNING DESIRE
SECOND PERSON
Y/N L/N

IT HAD ALL THE RICHES IN THE WORLD. With gold tattered everywhere and jewels of the praised God, the statues made by the Romans were your favorite. The jade pillars shone like the bright sun, everything there was well made and very elegant. But that is all you've heard about. It's the first time you've been there. Italy was renowned for its hegemony, might, and riches above everything. Giorno had previously visited this location with his Father, but he had never brought a woman along. He may have met a woman for the first time today. Consider him a virgin.

Sitting in front of Giorno, you were in the carriage that the coachmen kept in good condition. You two were seated across from one another, and the situation was becoming unpleasant because all you did was stare at one another. You just didn't know how to converse with someone you didn't seem to like, which wasn't your fault. Well, you felt conflicted about him. Giorno was undoubtedly the most bizarre individual you had ever encountered. He was very handsome, but his voice would chill you to the bone.

"Y/n, is there a problem?" Giorno questioned you as you lost consciousness. You uttered an uneasy chuckle as you turned to face him. Giorno's only response to your uneasy acts was to tilt his head in surprise.

"No, there isn't a problem. Simply put, I'm curious why you brought me here." As you turned to face the carriage, you said. White and gold, which stand for freedom and tenacity respectively, were unmistakably Giorno's colors, and they were plastered beautifully on the carriage. Giorno was there, too. There will always be a judgmental glow in his eyes.

As you cocked your head in disbelief, Giorno retorted, "I assumed you would appreciate it." You groaned and questioned whether the place he was transporting you was real. Because I saw that in your journal, I suppose.

Shit. He read your journal, you forgot. He now has all the information about you. or, at least, a few things. Heaving a sigh, you turned your head away. What prompted you to read it? You enquired while making an effort to disregard the unpleasant remarks you had made.

"I was interested in you."

"What happened to the girl who stole the jewelry and was pursued by the bloody blonde prince." You said while furrowing your brow. "It is embarrassing. I was still very young."

"I fail to understand why this would be embarrassing," Giorno muttered as he fixed his eyes on you. He had calm eyes that were full of sincerity. "Please tell me how you came to know Jean Pierre Polnareff."

"Ah. Although it is a lengthy story, I don't mind. You stated. "I recall escaping from something, possibly someone at least. I was intrigued as I walked across the city and overheard two enigmatic people conversing in a dim alleyway. I was paralyzed by their auras and unable to move." You spoke up. "I followed them as they crossed a roaring churning of seas to a rock. They were battling, but I couldn't understand how the harm was coming to them. At the time, I was unable to see anything extraordinary with my eyes. Not until Polnareff was severely injured by the man, the nasty one with pink hair.l

"Diavolo?"

"That man, yes. I couldn't just stand there when Diavolo sliced off his legs and hurled him off, right?" You went on. "Diavolo discovered me. Well, as I was perplexed, appeared behind me. I was scared, and he said something, that I didn't understand. And then that's where the arrow came from. Pierced right into my body."

"What age were you when you saw everything happen?" Giorno questioned as you sat there trying not to scratch yourself because of the uncomfortable garment.

"I was only fifteen. And I believe that this happened months before you met him. According to what I've heard," You stated. "When I initially got up, I went over to the edge and looked for him. I jumped down there because I had to help him, but I had no idea how to carry him not till my stand materialized before me."

"Oh, you two show up frequently. I apologize for thinking it a different way." Giorno said while grinning. Then something struck him abruptly. Not physically, but his smile grew glum. You observed Giorno take something from his pocket. It was a bit of torn paper. and a terrible drawing of a person. "I came here to get you for this man." Giorno pointed the photo to your face and spoke sternly. He goes by the name Salvatore Romano. He is also a traitor.

"A betrayer? You're not saying he works for the French king, are you sure?" You were confused since the picture showed a man who appeared to be somewhere between youthful and considerably older than the two of you. You hoped he didn't have a stand because of his highly distinctive looks. "Why do we need to find him?"

"He is providing France with intelligence. We cannot allow him and his crew to divulge everything since France is our greatest recognized adversary."

"But aren't you a traitor."

"I do despise my father, but I must still defend my people," Giorno said.

You scoffed and rolled your eyes. He portrays the sweet prince who is very cold in real life. "Hey, isn't this the same assassination crew as before?"

"I suppose. They may not be a significant group, but they nonetheless possess the greatest known secrets and wisdom. We cannot take that chance."

"But how do we know he is here?"

"I have a scout team that is different from my regular team. They found his exact location and where he was headed. We assume he's hiding in the shadows disguised as a noble." Giorno said. "A disguised person and an uncovered woman. Who could resist that?"

"Are you going to help me at least? It sounds like you aren't." You questioned. It was technically your first mission, and you were a bit nervous.

"Am I not helping you right now?"

The carriage then abruptly came to a stop. Giorno grasped your hand as it came to a stop, and you turned to face him. You had a goal. The goal was to appear dainty and proper. What a difficult task it was. The confined area was eventually gone when the carriage's door opened.

The moment the two of you stepped outside, pleasant wind and a stunning garden full of flowers welcomed you. Is this the reason you had to dress in a theme? But what was this exactly?

"May you start acting now, Y/n. Don't mess up on this." Giorno spoke quietly in your ear. God, you felt your spine tingle. His scorching breath brushed over your ear and tingled you.

WHAT A STRANGE SENSATION.

TO BE CONTINUED
NEXT CHAPTER
THE MAN IN THE PHOTO