𝟗

CHAPTER NINE
POOR BOY'S SECRET
SECOND PERSON
Y/N L/N

"WHAT IS YOUR NAME?" You questioned the boy who was walking right next to you. You quietly reflected that he wasn't all that horrible. He was just an underprivileged kid trying to steal to get by. You were fine with it.

"Narancia Ghirga." He said. He was younger than you, but you were never aware of it. His height and size led you to believe he was older. "I lied. I don't have a family to support, but I do have a job."

"Are you able to pickpocket?" You interrogated Narancia. He misrepresented having a family. He only needed the money to pay someone he was employed. Wow. Where in the world were they?

"Oh no, what is that?"

"Whoever you're working for wants money, right?" He nodded in response to what you said. "Pickpocketing is a type of street crime in which victims' pockets are burglarized."

The man simply tilted his head. He was a moron. He couldn't comprehend. "I don't get it,"

"All right, I'll show you. As they walked alongside you, you muttered something, and in an instant, you snatched their possessions and their money. As you extended your hand to the child, you displayed the coins. Narancia, the youngster, was in awe. "Didn't you say you needed money, though?"

"Yeah, the poor boy was just an act. I don't need money...but was the act that bad?" Narancia chuckled. "You do remind me of someone."

"Who do I make you think of? How? I don't know anything about you. Furthermore, the act seemed quite incredible." You were perplexed. This boy was unknown to you.

Narancia stated as you two continued to walk, "Yeah, I have this friend I work with and he informed us about you. You now assume that he was your friend. "Say, do you recognize him?"

"No, I'm afraid. I initially require a name."

"Giorno Giovanna. The prince. And as one of his dependable bodyguards, I work for him."

Shit. You cursed under your breath. You managed to befriend one of the shithole's bodyguards. You hated Giorno so much it was unbelievable. "Giorno Giovanna, the prince? What does he say about me?"

"He says he finds you kind of cute, but he also thinks you're suspicious because you can fight, and that made me want to meet you," Narancia hastily covered his mouth after blurring out. Your mouth dropped open at what he said.

_______________

CHANGE OF POV
THIRD PERSON
NARANCIA'S FLASHBACK

AS THE GANG GATHERED AROUND GIORNO, to listen to him talk about some odd girl they were all perplexed about, Narancia said, "Giorno you're a weirdo."

"How am I strange? Simply put, I find this girl suspicious..." Everyone was staring at Giorno strangely as he spoke.

"Have you noticed that Giorno has only ever looked at that one girl? You're probably in love, Giorno." Giorno promptly retracted his statement, Mista pointed out.

"No? I don't only feel a superficial attraction to her. She just seems strange to me."

"That simply serves to support Mista's assertion that she is the only person for whom Giorno has eyes only," Fugo remarked. Giorno rolled his eyes and groaned.